Share Tv Recordings (1 Viewer)

Doser_86

Portal Member
March 31, 2010
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi.

Excuse my English.

I have MediaPortal on a computer in my livingroom where I record tv and save them. I share this folder on my network to a computer with MediaPortal in my bedroom.
The recorded files shows in the importer on the bedroom computer, but it will not import them.

How can i record from bouth computers, store on livingroom computer and autoimport on bouth computers?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi :)

What do you mean with import?

With MP TVServer, you can record on one PC, but recordings/EPG are shared with all clients.

If you really want to have multiple TV Servers, you can combine it using 3rd party plugin ForTheRecord.

1. PC1 installed with TVServer and MP Client (singleseat).
    2. PC1 installed with 4TR Core services and 4TR clients. For The Record's core services must run under an administrator account with full network access. During setup there is wizard-page where you can enter these credentials (most people leave these blank in which case the local SYSTEM account is used). So for a multi-server setup you must really enter proper account credentials here.
    3. PC2 installed with TVServer and MP Client (singleseat).
    4. PC2 installed with ONLY 4TR clients.
    5. 4TR core services must then be configured on PC1 with 2 recorders, PC1 and PC2.

Doser_86

Portal Member
    March 31, 2010
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Can you please explain in more detail, or is there a guide how to do this?

Is it something that has do be done at MediaPortal installation, or can I do it after?
    The Livingroom PC have had MP fore a year now, and I am happy with the setup. I don`t wont to do it again if I don`t have to.

Doser_86

Portal Member
    March 31, 2010
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I want to have it in the TV section.

I think I have understood how to setup the client computers, but not the server computer.

rich76

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Do you have tv tuners in both pc's or just the 1 in the front room?
    If you only have tv tuners in the pc in the front room then all you need to do is install media portal client on the bedroom pc and not the tv server. Then in mediaportal configuration set the tv client to the pc name of the pc in the front room. Then any recordings you make in the front room or bedroom will be saved on the front room pc but all recordings will be available to play in the bedroom via recorded tv and the front room.

Rich

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi again :)

I explained in post #2 your only option.

I you want to go that route, you will obviously have to read to 4TR installation guide and you will also need to visit their forum for support.

In short, again, you will be able to combine two separate TVServers ONLY by using 4TR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom