MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

im in need of a new, short case.
    Under 40cm at least.

Right now i have found the origenae S14V that would go 39cm deep. Very nice case, any alternatives?

Must be fit a ATX PSU, and at least a uATX board. Full high card support too.

THnx, sloty

mba

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2005
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    thats a very nice case! thanks for the tip, I was looking for something short myself. Please tell me about your experience with it.

regards
    Martin

sloty32

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Martin,

have to say that the reviews SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd - Designing Inspiration hit the nail.

Nice Quality, only the front is made of alu, the rest is just like other desktops cases. Be aware that the edges arent black as it seems on many fotos. They are grey.

Very tight fit for all components. Have 1 HDD mounted to the HD-cage, and my FloppyDTV mounted in the 3,5bay that is open to the front.
    So 1 more slot for another HD. My DVD fits good, just needed to glue something to the eject button to make it work.

Had a Zalmann CPNSxxxx cooler on my previous board. Didnt fit, so i bent the cooler fins a little bit, and raised the DVD cage some milimeters.
    It then worked, but it would be better to look at a cooler that will fit. And that would be a cooler with only 60mm height. Not that much.

I now have the boxed cooler for my new cpu (AM2), since my Zalmann didnt fit that socket. Maybe i will go for the NT01-E from Silverstone. Looks good, and should sit right in front of the case fans.

Case fans are realy quiet, when controlled true fanspeed.

It came with 2 straps to hold the cables. They are self-adhesive, and make a good job of getting all the cables together.
    I would go for PSU that only have few, or removeable cables. Not much room to stuff these away.

Since i dont realy need a display (after all its mostly a gimmick), im quiet happy with this case.

Sloty

mba

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2005
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    hey sloty

thanks for replying, I didn't have email notification so I just saw your post now.
    Is the case actually only 36cm deep? I have found some manufacturers that lie a little bit when it comes to the specs.

regards
    Martin

sloty32

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

just messured, truly 36cm.

With then 4-5cm left behind the case, i have enough room fpr all the cables.

sloty

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom