ShortCut'er Plugin - Shortcuts for the MP sections (1 Viewer)

badboyxx

Portal Pro
June 15, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
TheBatfink I have no Microsoft IR receive. I have only a DIY receiver.
When you created the buttons "Subtitles" and "Audio Stream" how did you map them to the default keyboard?

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    I have been using this plugin for a few years now. Just lost my windows 7 install so just rebuilt with mp1.4 and have the issue that its not compatible with 1.4. It ran great on 1.3.

I use it for mapping shortcuts to my tv / my videos etc as I use a harmony one to control the imon system built into the Silverstone case. The key strokes generated by the imon software correlate to the shortcuter mappings

Is it likely to be updated to be compatible with 1.4 or is there another way of doing this? Maybe even integrating it into the remote section....

Thanks

Steve

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You can already map remote buttons (not keyboard shortcuts) to plugins using the remote section. If window is is not a core MP window, then set it up to point to a core MP window, then manually edit microsoftmce.xml or whatever remote you are using (Start Menu -> Team MP->MP->User Files)

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Hi

Sorry I think you may have misunderstood (or maybe I have)

I'm not mapping remote buttons to a plugin. I'm mapping functions such as a keystoke to go straight to My TV or TV guide or My Music ect. Shortcuter allows this..

Mediaportal doesnt as far as I am aware have keyboard shortcuts to this, and as the imon remote isnt a directly supported remote I have to use the imon software to pass on keystrokes. To complicate things more I am using a harmony one to act as the IMON remote so some keys from the imon become softkeys on the harmony one. (such as yellow, blue etc for My TV)

As MP doesnt appear to support the imon coloured buttons or have a guide keyboard shortcut (or imon recognised button) I have been using shortcuter as a very stable and good in between..

Its very likely that I am wrong... so If you could enlighten me if it could be done.. I'd appreciate it!

Steve

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes, only remote buttons can be mapped, not keystrokes. MCE IR receiver (not remote) is only $10 incl postage on ebay. Otherwise you have to wait for shortcuter plugin to update.

You are probably using my original Imon setup guide lol, I ditched imon a long time ago, their remote software is so unreliable. AFAIK we tried to add direct imon support with the help of soundgraph who promised an open API and assistance, but then they decided they were too busy to support MediaPortal.

Mapping keyboard shortcuts to plugins might be a nice core feature, although it's already provided by shortcuter, so not sure if the developers are interested in that or not, given the prime focus for MediaPortal is remote support, not keyboard+mouse support.

Last edited:

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Hi Kiwi

I actually worked it out for myself.. as a avid user of MP for nearly 10 years! I was a team member for 2 or 3... cant do the coding side tho.. just doesnt make sense to me!

Yeah I remember the news of imon.. and it never happening.. their loss really! The only reason I have it is because its integrated into the case, and i have no reason to upgrade as its a dedicated tv htpc and does nothing else, and generally does its job well (until a powercut wiped the windows 7 install out) Strangely I have an imon remote version that isnt MCE enableable..

I have never had an issue with Imon other than the setup.. works great with the harmony one. May have to have a look into a reciever tho. Hopefully the setup on the harmony one as a MCE remote wont be too bad. I must be one of the few people in the MP history that have never had a MCE remote!

I'm surprised that something like shortcuter hasnt been integrated as there are many applications of creating key strokes or combinations to do wierd and wonderful things. Especially Imon related.

I'll be patient or buy a MCE receiver.. :)

Out of interest, will any of the MCE receivers do the job? or will I have to have a specific one?

Thanks!

Steve

Last edited:

Bradley

Portal Member
    June 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    I use MP 1.4 pre. Is there an option (like the ShortCut’er-Plugin) that I can map
    Plugins from MP 1.4 directly to keyboard shortcuts and that work with MP 1.4 ?
    I want to map the shutdown plugin (Button) from StreamedMP skin to the Power-Button
    of my Imon-Remote-Control.

Bradley

jdf81

December 25, 2010
    Home Country
    My mediaportal setup hit a few bugs over the weekend, so I did a complete re-install last night (aus time). Prior to this I used pre-release 1.4 and shortcutter was working with it.

However, since I've done the re-install with the final version of 1.4 this is no longer working. I'm patient, but the WAF factor is the issue.

Is any work still being done on this plugin?

EDIT: Ignore this post. I tried the 1.2 version, rather than the one posted on the previous pages and it's now showing. All good.

Last edited:

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    hello all

I also use this very useful plugin for some time, unfortunately I see that is not maintained by more than a year: if @MoPhat has nothing against it, I plan to add a few features and make them available to other users :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom