Shortcuts show up but do nothing. (1 Viewer)

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2012
    New York
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I figured out how to create and configure new shortcuts with this plugin v2.4 on MediaPortal 1.3. I followed the instructions, configured and made six shortcuts, all of which showed up in MediaPortal with StreamedMP. However when I select those shortcuts, nothing happens. I tried copying the Multishortcut.xml file into the skin folder but that didn't help.

Here's where it gets bizarre. I deleted all the dll and xml files and decided to start over with only two shortcuts: A batch file I wrote, and Firefox web browser. I enabled the batch file but disabled the Firefox shortcut in the Plugins configuration. The batch file showed up in MP but wouldn't run. Then I enabled the Firefox shortcut. It worked, and so did the batch file! I had made no other changes to anything so I couldn't understand why that happened. To make sure I wasn't just losing my mind, I repeated the experiment twice. I disabled the Firefox shortcut and re-enabled it, each time the batch file worked only when the other shortcut was enabled.

Once again I started over from scratch, deleting all the dlls and Multishortcut.xml. Now my shortcuts don't work at all, even though they still show up in Mediaportal.

Two separate logs are posted, both with and without Multishortcut installed. In particular, I noticed lines like this:
    Code:
    2013-04-19 11:11:39.357645 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: GUIWindowManager: Could not find window 6959
    with Multishortcut installed. Six lines like that, six shortcuts... maybe there's a connection.

Something has been mentioned in other threads about needing the proper xml files in the skin folder, but that information wasn't very clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom