[Music] Show dialog when Music starts (1 Viewer)

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I'm really like the start dialog in MovingPictures like this:

1860.jpg

As on every Music devices as iPod, Squeezebox and others, there is the first menu when entering Music to choose what I'd like to listen. This is a very very easy way to find fast and without knowledge about MediaPortal. Unfortunately, I observed many Gast where can't operate in the Music section to find what they are looking for (change views: Genre, Artist, Playlists, .. ).The explanation everytime, how the hidden menu (leftside, sometimes rightside*G) has become boring for me. Well understood: mostly computer-addicted peoples! o_O

So please create the same for the Music section! Supported/realized naturelly directly in MediaPortal and not with Skins (non-obligatory -> some skin will have it and some not :( )

Possible List
    • Favoriten
    • Aktueller Titel
    • Artist
    • Genre
    • Search Music
    • Rockstar-Link (TuneIn Radio stream)
    • Shoutcast
    • Podcast
    Maybe the List can be modified (with other exampels) and moved from the users as it is possible in MovingPictures.

Thanks for reply
    bribbon

Last edited:

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Not entirely sure what it is you are after. It is a click away but in the music screens you can get to a list of artists, album artists, genres, favourites...
    You can load playlists, play CDs and if you have global search plugin enabled this will appear there too.
    Rockstar is a plugin and not built into MP and shoutcast too (but you can open shoutcast stations if you save them as a playlist)
    19-20-16.png

It is up to skins how they display this menu but most display it as a hidden menu. There is no reason why a skin can not show this menu when you open up music

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    look at it this way: significant simplification of operation for unusual users (Gast).
    the gui is organized very logically, you can find anything if you practice. But guests who just want to look for something unique're screwed. we are honest (n)!?

thumb view:
    depending on where you are in the list, you have to click several times to show the hidden menu. And sometimes you catch the hidden menu also unwanted which can confused.

list view:
    as you say: one click away (1). yes, but followed by a new hidden menu (what? how? where?)o_O o_O (2) and then additional dialogue for changing the what else (3).

Rockstar and Shoutcast are Plugins as Global music search. the last, you linked in the hidden menu skinfiles. (y)But in the end, you're right. it's up to the skin developers to realize such a Start Dialog. Or, I mapped the appropriate skin-ID's on my remote control. Or: someone from the team is willing to implement a simpler, more attractive due to scaffolding -> a easy Show Dialog at start .in every view, you can go with the 'back' button back to the start dialog and change the view (filter). As it has long been proven in moving pictures and other devices on the market. :)

just makes it easier for my mother :oops::oops:

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think this is a good idea.

Music Configuration Start Music In:
    [View Selection Dialog] / [Last Used View] / [Album Artists] / [Artists] / [Albums] / [Blah blah, all of the views defined in views section]

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I did suggest something similar a long time ago but no one seemed interested
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/index.php?threads/96848/

This would take someone a few minutes to knock up a plugin to do this
    Ah yes, ahh interesting this thread. I think that in recent years, great efforts have been made to make the hidden menu / as well as the user-friendliness better. the final touch on the "i" would be such a dialogue. The interesting thing here: As you say, easy to implement.

many thanks for the conversation here (y)

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I think this is a good idea.

Music Configuration Start Music In:
    [View Selection Dialog] / [Last Used View] / [Album Artists] / [Artists] / [Albums] / [Blah blah, all of the views defined in views section]

PUSH..
    Are there any other opinions?

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Thanks for your answer. I'm glad to hear that my concern not goes dusty.

(y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom