Show media item location (1 Viewer)

JSchuricht
Country flag

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 13, 2009
    224
    37
    Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am working on an issue where a movie is not named the way I expect it to be named. It would be really great to be able to see the file path to the location of the movie. For instance if I import a folder of 500 movies starting with the letter A, all 500 are imported into MP2 but one movie shows up with a name starting with Z Having a method to lookup the movie starting with Z to see where it is located would save a huge amount of time. Perhaps the Media item actions context menu could have a show location button or embedded into the F10 stats.
     

    HTPCSourcer
    Country flag

    MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    11,371
    2,325
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    to see where it is located
    The physical file location is not changed by the importer. Every media item receives an individual unique GUID as identifier, Media information such as downloaded FanArt is stored in subdirectories that are named by those GUID identifiers.

    Now if a movie name that you expect to start with A is stored with a different title starting with Z in the MP2 database (and nowhere else), it means that the online movie database calls it differently. Changing this name requires that you manually edit the SQL database. Notwithstanding there should be a reason why the online database wants you to use another name.;)

    With the above said what would your request now look like? Are you thinking about an easy way to modify the database content?
     

    JSchuricht
    Country flag

    Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 13, 2009
    224
    37
    Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The name differences are down to a combination of a few bad NFO's and discrepancies in TMDB, Media Portal is doing what it is supposed to and displaying the info it was given. I pulled a bunch of things into excel to find the issues in my collection but I am thinking I am not the only person with this issue. Many of my movies were in MP1 with moving pictures and originally had a text file with an IMDB number. Coming over to MP2 successfully required replacing the text files with NFO files generated by TMM and the best match was not 100% correct. I think a feature like this could help people to self diagnose issues.

    I thought about how to implement this a bit more and am thinking another view mode might be best. Perhaps the location shown in place of the movie details when this mode is selected.
    ScreenShot453.jpg


    ScreenShot456.jpg
     

    Lehmden
    Country flag

    Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    11,994
    3,649
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Maybe it's too late now, but you can make proper .nfo out of your MovingPictures database with ease. There are a few tools available here that do this job. Back in time when I swapped over from MP1 to MP2 I've used MovPicNfo (search in forum will get you there), but there are few other tools too...

    Aside this, if you do the .nfo generation in tMM (or Media-Buddy) properly, you also don't have any issues in MP2...

    Ever since I've started using MP2 I never had a single false detection at all, nothing, nada, niente. At least for movies and series. For audio it can happen every now and then as there still is an online lookup necessary during import. This will change soon, but we are not completely done with .nfo support for audio in Media-Buddy...
     

    JSchuricht
    Country flag

    Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 13, 2009
    224
    37
    Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @Lehmden It is about five years too late at this point for creating NFO's from the MovingPictures database. I am not seeing any issues with MP2 on imports from the NFO files, MP2 is getting data off of what is in the NFO. The issue comes down to a combination of bad NFO's ie. I, Frankenstein 2014 having an NFO for Frankenstein 2015 and issues with TMDB like In My Country 2004 being listed by the working title Country of My Skull 2004. In both examples MP2 pulls data from the NFO properly, one is the wrong NFO and the other is the correct NFO but has bad information on TMDB.

    I know a feature like this wouldn't fix any issues by itself. This feature would be more for diagnostics when trying to find an issue such as in my own collection or one of the collections I help others out with.
     

    Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

    Top Bottom