Showing OSD when changing channels in MyTV (1 Viewer)

SePPiE

Portal Pro
December 6, 2004
The Netherlands
Hi Everyone...

For the people that like to see the OSD when they're changing channels so you know what's playing and makes a zapper's life easier:

Change this in GUIFullscreenTV.cs:

public void UpdateOSD()
{
if (m_bOSDVisible)
{
m_osdWindow.UpdateChannelInfo();
m_dwOSDTimeOut=DateTime.Now;
m_bUpdate = true;

}
else
{
m_osdWindow.UpdateChannelInfo();
Action myaction=new Action();
myaction.wID = Action.ActionType.ACTION_SHOW_OSD;

OnAction(myaction);
}

}

And change this in GUITVOSD.cs

void OnPreviousChannel()
{
if (!Recorder.View) return;
string strChannel=Recorder.TVChannelName;
for (int i=0; i < m_channels.Count;++i)
{
TVChannel chan=(TVChannel)m_channels;
if (strChannel==""||String.Compare(chan.Name,strChannel,true)==0 )
{
int iPrev=i-1;
if (iPrev<0) iPrev=m_channels.Count-1;
chan=(TVChannel)m_channels[iPrev];
int card=GUITVHome.GetCurrentCard();
Recorder.StartViewing(card, chan.Name, Recorder.IsCardViewing(card), Recorder.IsCardTimeShifting(card)) ;
m_dateTime = DateTime.Now;
SetCurrentChannelLogo();
return;
}
}
}

void OnNextChannel()
{
if (!Recorder.View) return;
string strChannel=Recorder.TVChannelName;
for (int i=0; i < m_channels.Count;++i)
{
TVChannel chan=(TVChannel)m_channels;
if (strChannel==""||String.Compare(chan.Name,strChannel,true)==0 )
{
int iNext=i+1;
if (iNext>m_channels.Count-1) iNext=0;
chan=(TVChannel)m_channels[iNext];

int card=GUITVHome.GetCurrentCard();
Recorder.StartViewing(card, chan.Name, Recorder.IsCardViewing(card), Recorder.IsCardTimeShifting(card)) ;
m_dateTime = DateTime.Now;

SetCurrentChannelLogo();
return;
}
}
}

I hope you guys find this usefull :)
Frodo, Mario.. Couldn't this be default? This is mostly standard behaviours considering set-top boxes and such do the same...

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

great! I would also find this very usefull. :) So think about it. There are also some feature requests asking for such behaviour.

Flip.

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Seppie,

you are my personal heroe of the day ;-) This was the thing I missed most in MP! I requested this several times in the past.

The only thing I would like to see now is that the osd automatically hides again after let's say 3-4 seconds. Right now for me it stays there until the mouse is moved.

One thing to think about is if the whole osd is necessary. My original thought was just to have the channel logo, the current show details and the title of the following show. Did you ever use GotTV? This is almost how I want the info.

But all in all I have to say thank you so much again for doing this. It's really nice :)

Maschine

SePPiE

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2004
    The Netherlands
    actually this is a quick and dirty fix for me, cause I really wanted this bad...
    I'm thinking about making a "smaller" OSD like what you mean... When you zap to another channel then you only see logo, current channel name, current event name and maybe event details.... something like that...

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    I think this is a needed fix but a little more cleanly. I think even just the channel logo being place in the corner of the screen would be information enough. Or perhaps the just the channel name over the picture in the corner.

SePPiE

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2004
    The Netherlands
    yeah i know...
    As long as you know what channel you're on is good enough...
    Especially for us satellite users, you never know what channel you're on cause remembering which channels are in which order with 500 channels total is no picknick :)

This quick fix does the trick for me now, but it has it down side too.. The moment the bottom OSD shows, you can't zap to another channel using the number pad... You have to press "back" to make the OSD dissapear and THEN you can use the numberpad... This dirty fix is more for when I'm on a zapping spree, cause it works perfectly with channel up/down on my remote ;)

I'm thinking of using the bluebar you see in the top when you press the number to go to a channel, as the info bar for channel number, channel logo, channel name and possibly also event name...

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What do you think of something like this???

tv_osd.jpg

Don't know if it's better to have this shown on top or on the bottom of the tv picture, but the style in general is the way I would go for.

Waiting for your opinions :)

Maschine

A

Anonymous

hi,

this would really be awesome to have something like Maschine' suggestion ;-)

I was wondering if it would not make more sense to show the current show in bigger font and the following in a smaller font - furthermore the information should be about the current show as well not about the following...

just my 2 cents
    keans

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom