Signal ok, Tuner locked but no video&audio for specific DVB-S provider (1 Viewer)

GtG

Portal Member
April 3, 2008
TV-Server Version: 1.0 Final
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 Final
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3
Windows Version: XP Pro SP3
CPU Type: Core Duo - E2140
HDD: WDC WD3200KS
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: Intel 945G
Video Card: ATI HD 2400 HD PRO
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.12
Sound Card: SoundMAX
Sound Card AC3: ??
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.1.6110
1. TV Card: Skystar 2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: Skystar 4.4.3 (Not BDA)
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV / ATI MPEG / ffdShow-final beta
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Turksat 3A
HTPC Case: Asus
Cooling: -
Power Supply: -
Remote: -
TV: -
TV - HTPC Connection: -

My MP setup working perfectly except some weird problem in TV module. Although the TV server seems to work OK, channels in only one provider is not working. As far as I can see the TV card successfully tunes but there is no audio/video show up in the TV client.
The channels are found and configured automatically. Additionally all channels work perfectly with a 3rd party TV application (i.e. DVB Dream 1.4i), so I think the source of the problem is MP.

I have recorded channel using Mediaportal and opened the saved ts file with MediaPlayerClassic; there was screambled audio and video but it was not suitable for watching.
I recorded the same channel with DvbDream's stream recorder and resulting ts file was perfectly watchable in MediaPlayerClassic.

I suspect the transport stream grabbed by MediaPortal is damaged somehow, although it is perfect when grabbed by DvbDream.

The name of the problematic provider is DOGUS. I do not understand the details of channel configuration but if I compare the tuning details with DVB Dream's tunning details; Frequency/Polarization/Modulation/Sym. Rate/SID/TID/NID numbers are same but I think Video PID, Audio PID are different. I am not sure so I am attaching screenshots of the channel configuration pages of both applications for finding possible tuning errors.
Also detailed logs created with MediaPortal Log Collector is attached.

Please solve this issue, my nearly perfect setup becomes useless without these channels (These are my wife's favourite channels :().

I can gladly provide more information if required.

Thank you.

Attachments

• mediaportal-tvserver.JPG
    mediaportal-tvserver.JPG
    32.6 KB
  • dvbdream.JPG
    dvbdream.JPG
    36.4 KB

markius

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
Maidstone, UK
Home Country
England England
Hi GtG

A quick question...

Do you have a steerable, motorized dish that you can point at different satellites or a fixed dish that only points at Turksat?

Mark

markius

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
Maidstone, UK
Home Country
England England
It looks from your config like you have DisEqc enabled which is related to a motarized disk. You could try turning that off and rescanning.

I had a similar problem to yours and it turned out that a cordless phone was interfering with the reception. Do you have any cordless/wireless devices located close to your HTPC or dish?

GtG

Portal Member
April 3, 2008
I opened up the TV-Server configuration and verified that "DiSEqC motor enabled" is not checked. Is there anywhere else do I need to check?

I will try closing the wireless devices but I don't think the problem is that. DVBDream (another DVB-s app) works perfectly, shows every channel without any problems, so signal coming to my TV-Card should be ok, right?

As I expected, closing wireless devices not helped. Anyway, thank you for your suggestion.

markius

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
Maidstone, UK
Home Country
England England
Yes, I think if it works ok in the other software then we can rule out radio interference.

If you have the Diseqc stuff turned off in the TV service configuration then that should be OK. I mentioned it because your channel configuration and log files show the Diseqc was turned on.
Could you try deleting CNBC-e and then doing a rescan. Once you've rescanned, try CNBC-e again and attach a screenshot of the "edit channel" page for CNBC-e once again.

Mark

GtG

Portal Member
April 3, 2008
Sorry for my late response and thank you for helping me out.

To clarify; there is an LNB switch to use two fixed dishes (Hotbird and Turksat) which we share in the building. There is no DiSEqC motor in the system. DiSEqC for CNBC-e channel is configured to Level1 A/A. (It does not mean DiSEqC motor is enabled -as far as I know- and the other application works perfectly with the same LNB settings).

Anyway, I have deleted all channels and rescanned. CNBC-e is still not working and the resulting screen is exatly same with the screenshot I posted with the first message.

PS: Timeshift starts for these channels but there is no video/audio. Additionally I can record these channel, again with no audio/video :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom