Completed Silverstone Grandia GD07 - Ideal Large HTPC Case (1 Viewer)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    The "TOP Holes" is on PCI not CPU
    Arrow in Blue Cyan, is parasite flow because nothing is calibred by "device"
    Your last proposition, is the better as you can have !!! (y)
    I have similar but inverse on my HTPC, all Fan are TakeOut and added CPU Fan with thermal sensor http://www.enermax.fr/fr/everest-ucev-9/82-2-c.html for no sound when idle ( and with your new config, CPU should be cool (y) )

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The "TOP Holes" is on PCI not CPU)

Oh yes you are right, I drew it in the wrong spot :)

all my fans are motherboard speed controlled and go faster depending on which part of the HTPC gets hot.[DOUBLEPOST=1366371588][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I disagree with your airflow direction here though, if the case is positive pressure, I think the airflow will go in the opposite direction
    it's not really rights !!! and i don't know if your case in stored is not put in a cabinet

It has lots of space all around it, including behind and above it. The cabinet has large holes behind the HTPC as well, as well as 30cm gap on each side of the htpc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have the silverstone GD07B and I really like it. No front memory card reader. It takes 2x front 5.25" and a lot of 3.5" drives. The only bad point is the bottom mounted filter is a HUGE pain to remove for cleaning.
    I have the silverstone GD07B and I really like it. No front memory card reader. It takes 2x front 5.25" and a lot of 3.5" drives...
    Hello there, my amplifier is 171 mm (H): 435 mm (W): 393 mm (D) and I am looking for a HTPC case which is a similar width and depth...
    Replies
    Views
    I'll have a look. Thanks.
    I'll have a look. Thanks.
    I decided to finally upgrade my HTPC to allow for the impending end of WinXP updates & the use of 3D blu-rays. I had looked at...
    Replies
    Views
    Like I wrote, there is a lot of different theories about whether there really is any whine or not and whether it' only certain MoBos that trigger it or not... At the end of the day I'm happy with the PSU as the whine is not really noticable with case closed. It's really more a "principal" complaint about the PSU that is marketed as...
    Like I wrote, there is a lot of different theories about whether there really is any whine or not and whether it' only certain...
    So, I finally found some time to share a little bit about my latest build... For more background details and reasoning you can take...
    Replies
    Views
    Doesn't have to be too detailed just a description of what you did, how you did and some photos of the process / showing off the build process / final result :D
    Doesn't have to be too detailed just a description of what you did, how you did and some photos of the process / showing off the...
    Decided a while ago to try and build myself a case to go with other furniture (reclaimed oak, in big lumps) and have now got a...
    Replies
    Views
    If you look a the content of the ZIP file and open "Deckenplatte.fpd" (german word for "case cover plate") you will find a hint that the case cover plate must be curved as described in the document "Gehäusedeckel.pdf". This document describes how the cover must be bent. As the description in my document is in german I described the...
    If you look a the content of the ZIP file and open "Deckenplatte.fpd" (german word for "case cover plate") you will find a hint...
    After 8 years with my old Media Center PC – a Siemens Fujisu Activy 350 - it was time for something new. After some search in the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom