Silverstone Lascala lc16-m complete guide (1 Viewer)

knutinh

Portal Pro
September 4, 2005
I had problems putting this stuff into the wiki, so I'll put it here fr the moment.

THE lc16m is a HTPC case with integrated VFD-display, remote control and some front-panel buttons. All text assumes that you have your hardware working and the current drivers from Soundgraph.

VFD
This is the simplest part. Click the "iMon VFD Control panel" icon in your taskbar. You can now select between different modes. Click "plug-in".

For MediaPortal to make use of this display, go to MediaPortal Setup. Enable the "external display" plugin. Parameters should be:
Type: SoundGraph iMON USB Driver V1.0
Port: USB
Columns: 16
Rows: 2
Comm. Delay: 1

Leave all other settings at default.

iMom PAD remote controller
The simplest way to get this one working with MP is using its driver utility to generate key (combinations) that MP will react to out of the box.

I am using the following setup. If anyone is willing to host the setupfile, please give me a pm.

pad.gif

1. System hibernate

2. Power : Turn On/OFF the system.

3.Media Control Button group 1.
Play - "P"
Pause - "Spacebar"
Rec - "R"
Open - ??
Prev - "F7"
Next - "F8"
Rew - "F5"
F.Fwd - "F6"
Stop - "B"

4. Mouse/Keyboard button : Switch between mouse/keyboard function.

5. PAD controller : Mouse cursor control & 4 arrow Keys

6. Windows Button

7. Menu Button

8. Launch MediaPortal

9. Application Launcher : Running Application Launcher,
Easiest way to run the assigned applications.

10. Task Switcher : Running Task Switcher, select the
application window among the running applications.
<ALT>

11. iMON Timer : key "F9", tyically brings up the local menu in MP

12. VOL/CH Button : Control of Volume and TV channel

13. Media Control Button Group 2

Front panel buttons
These are made by Silverstone themselves, and confusingly have nothing to do with the PAD remote.

Using a small program for remapping keys, www.autohotkey.com I can use any front-panel button to do anything, except the wheel that is "hard-coded".

example-setup:
Code:
;previous track 
SC110::F7                             

;next 
SC119::F8 

;stop 
SC124::b 

;play/pause 
SC122::p                           

;mute 
SC120::Enter                

;vol up 
;routed to arrow up 
SC130::Up 

;vol down 
;routed to arrow up 
SC12E::Down

-k

Judaz

Portal Member
October 16, 2005
Trondheim
Home Country
Norway Norway
Thank you for a great guide, this was just what I was looking for and it has been really helpful! I've just bought a LC16M myself two days ago, and have been working around the clock with it ever since, if you had only written this two days earlier :)

In my opinion, LC16 is the greatest HTPC case available. It was extremely expensive here in norway, it was defenitly worth it!

- Judaz

JackTramiel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2006
    Recklinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you ALOT. That realy rocks.

I set the Next/Privious as Left and Right, Mute as ESC and Play as Enter.
    This way i can controll my mp without tv on. Nice.

I love it. :D

morto

Portal Member
    January 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi,
    since this thread is linked from wiki and i think it contains obsolete information, i put here actual solution
    what worked for me with MP 1.2.2.0, KeyboardInputPlugin 2.4.4.0 and iMON 8.12:

1. iMON VFD - follow all instructions from this guide:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/imon-vfd-lcd-minidisplay-driver-mediaportal-1-1-3-1-2-1-a-95616/ - as a step one don't be afraid and install latest version of iMON Manager from Soundgraph Home. I have installed 8.12 actually.

2. When you have your VFD working setup your remote - install plugin KeyboardInputPlugin. You can install it easily from external tool Media Portal Extension Installer. Now how mapping works:
    - in iMON Manager you can set mapping remote control button -> keyboard shortcut. Go to iMON Manager -> Settings -> Program Command, in combo box choose Mediaportal or add as new program, import mapping (i used almost default mapping MediaPortal.imo, which comes with iMON installation just with small changes)
    - in KeyboardInputPlugin configuration you can set mapping keyboard shortcut -> action in MediaPortal
    There is no need to use any external application for mapping of HW buttons on Silverstone case. These buttons are recognized and can be configured directly in KeyboardInputPlugin to some action (volume wheel is exception). For myself i used preset settings "ShortCut'er"' + did custom configuration for HW buttons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom