Ongoing Silverstone lc16m, MediaPortal and front-panel help? (2 Viewers)

knutinh

Portal Pro
September 4, 2005
Anyone here get their lc16m front-panel working with MP?

I had simply left out that item from my todo list as there were plenty of other things to do. My guess was that the buttons was mapped as an extension to the remote control buttons, and as such could be set up the ordinary way in the iMon driver. However, I get no "red light" when I push a front-panel button, trying to assign it to keyboard commands.

Anyone with a clue?

regards
Knut

mbb

Portal Pro
November 20, 2004
Home Country
France France
I didnt find any info about this "keyboard" extension
My plan was to use it to play music without turn on TV

It's almost done but in strange way.

I use girder and only the wheel can be manage.

I assign "turn left" to Down, "turn right" to Up and "push" to Enter

I can now navigate to music menu

According to the documentation or test review (I dont remember) the other front keys can manage directly Microsoft Media Player.

It works ! I can use play, stop, previous and next track.

The only bad thing is that the title of the track stay always the same on the display.

BoelShit

Portal Pro
November 6, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yeah, exactly! HUH?????

I can use the frontpanel buttons in a normal way just like they should work! Also the knob works perfectly (for what it is designed for...). But I really want to be able to program the functions of the knob!!! Even Soundgraph (producer) said it can't be done atm. I don't want the knob to function left <-> right but up <-> down when I turn it... and pressing it should be the same as "Play/Pause"... I already got a mute and volume button... why the hell is the knob doing exactly the same :p

Pffffff Some of my wishes, some of my frustrations gone...

knutinh

Portal Pro
September 4, 2005
Not to mention that the front panel/remote/VFD can only be used with the 50-60MB bloatware "mediacentre" from the iMon guys...

And that they seem to release an update every 2 weeks that results in a textbox on my HTPC that blocks the remote itself from working. Imagine the joy with wich I go get my keyboard/mouse just to click past that "a new version is now available" when all I wanna do is watch som telly ;-)

It seems that "someone" should hack their drivers to give the functions we want. =)

-k

mbb

Portal Pro
November 20, 2004
Home Country
France France
Like I said I use Girder in place of Imon application.

In this way I can reassign knob functions but not other keys.

BoelShit

Portal Pro
November 6, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
knutinh said:
Not to mention that the front panel/remote/VFD can only be used with the 50-60MB bloatware "mediacentre" from the iMon guys...

And that they seem to release an update every 2 weeks that results in a textbox on my HTPC that blocks the remote itself from working. Imagine the joy with wich I go get my keyboard/mouse just to click past that "a new version is now available" when all I wanna do is watch som telly ;-)

It seems that "someone" should hack their drivers to give the functions we want. =)

-k

I didn't even install the mediacenter (iMedian??) they supply, never ever tried it LOL.
It is possible only to install the VFD/iMON but that also uses a lot of resources. I have taken a look at the drivers but wasn't able to see if a hack is possible!

Tech Geek

Portal Pro
January 29, 2006
Denver, CO USA
I thought iMedian worked ok but it's pretty limited for how large it is. For a simple setup it's ok but far from a competitor to MediaPortal.

MY Bach case doesn't have a knob or buttons so I haven't had any of your frustrations with programming those. I thought it worked best without the MediaPortal's built in support but then I get no song titles or other media info.
There should be a way to integrate 3rd party software with their program so they work together.

Jag

February 28, 2006
Denmark
knutinh said:

-k

It seems like there actually is a function to disable the annoying update textbox:

Right-click on the iMON tray icon and select "About iMON". In the about dialog box there is a checkbox called "Check update information when iMON Manager started."

I just found this nice little checkbox today (after having upgraded to the latest iMON software 4.51.0202) so I have not been able to verify if the checkbox really works, but I sure hope that it does :).

knutinh

Portal Pro
September 4, 2005
I got the front panel minus wheel up and working after some googling, without going the dreaded Girder route =)

Thr key (pun intended) was a little program, www.autohotkey.com

By using the scipt below (save as AutoHotKey.ini so it will be executed on startup), the front panel keys can be mapped up to pretty much anything.

Code:
;previous track
SC110::F7             	         	

;next
SC119::F8

;stop
SC124::b

;play/pause
SC122::p              	      	

;mute
SC120::Enter            	

;vol up