Simple CD-ripper (poll) (1 Viewer)

Do you use MP for CD-ripping?

• Yes - offcourse

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • No - bacause the function is, as of today, not good enough.

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Started on: 2007-10-1
    last update:

Summary:
    Easy to use CD ripper

Area:
    ???

Description:
    I can not get the built in CD-ripper to work - and CDSlayer crashes :(
    It would be really nice to have a CD-ripper with high WAF (the way it is now is VERY CLUMSY)

I would like it to be as simple as CDSlayer, but use LAME;
    MENU
    - My music
    - My Videoes
    - My Plugins
    -- RIP CD
    --------- Rip CD now? [YES] [NO]

What do you think? Anybody who feels the can make this happen?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Well, given the size an album takes vs. size of modern HDD's - that would not be a priority to me - but sure it would be a nice touch.

Easy accessibility (today: VERY clumsy) and good SQ (ogg?) is what I consider important.

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'd like to write a little something that could solve this problem for you. Can you elaborate a little more on what you mean by simple and exactly what formats you would want to be able to encode into? Obviously, I'll implement freedb or CDDB support for naming the tracks.

I can't make any 100% guarantees, but I'm pretty sure I can throw something like this together relatively quickly.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    EXCELLENT!
    I am giving you full freedom as to what should be included :D (Personally I only need ability to rip the hole album, considering the small amount of space needed.

I good start would perhaps be to make the CD slayer plugin work? Yuo can try it with older versions of MP.

Anyway:
    My "requests":
    - Rip to .OGG or MP3 (does not matter to me, but I read that ogg-vorbis gives better quality/size).
    - Rip whole album - one click.
    ( - Select songs to rip - THDBASED's reqest)

About CDSlayer:
    Homepage: http://sunbreeze.dk/cms/index.php?page=cdslayer (DL link wring)
    DL-page: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,35/func,fileinfo/id,202/ (source included)
    Forum-thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...easily-t10914.html?t=10914&highlight=cdslayer

:THX:

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    CDSlayer appears to use the library Ripper.DLL. I can't seem to find where that came from and therefore don't know if I have permission to redistribute it. I'm going to continue but before I can release this I need to find out what the license is on it.

Actually I've found that the original author apparently also wrote that library. I'm assuming that since no license was specified that it falls under the GPL like MediaPortal. Is that correct?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'm sorry.... I have no idea other than what is stated in above links and DL-ed files... :confused:

I thought all plugins were GBU GPL... try asking i-loop or other team members. (Hwahrmann could be a good idea?).

Also: Try posting in the CDSlayer thread. Perhaps the author reads it sometimes...

EDIT: I remember ronilse had a look at it (and hwahrmann - as you can see in thread), so you could ask him as well. Perhaps asking in IRC would be a good idea?

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    Good news! After fixing the references and recompiling, it seems to be working minus the fact that I can't find where it's actually ripping to :confused: . That may be the only thing wrong with it.

Actually, I just found it. It's ripping to some weird directory in the MP folder. Anyway, easy fix there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom