simple request for "myPrograms" (1 Viewer)

JulianBuss

Portal Pro
November 14, 2004
My situation is as follows: I want to use iTunes for music and Firefox for the web. iTunes because I have bought music there, Firefox because it's the best browser :)

That means I need to have the facility to simply start a program out of MP. I know that I can do this with the myPrograms-Plugin, but it's kind of overpowered.... I would like to have a simple option "start program" in the myPrograms-Plugin, without being forced to define files for it.
In MP I would like to have one menu entry per program under "myPrograms". So I can start iTunes, Firefox stuff like that with one click.

A

Anonymous

Yep, the ability to add user-defined menu items. Mini-plugins. Have an add button to the plugins page, and you define the name, path, etc.

I don't imagine something like this would be too difficult to add to MP, but its more a question of if the developers would be interested in this approach. Generally, there is quite a tight control on the menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Okay, thanks. That system could definitely be improved, but that's future stuff...
Okay, thanks. That system could definitely be improved, but that's future stuff...
I started looking around in the examples, and I found a lot of things with settings, but I don't actually know what is necessary...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 DLNA status? DE
What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't know the current state of the plugin though. That's why MP2 probably never will be certified. ;) Yes, that was also the idea, but it is a big job as all TV's, software etc. seems to not do everything...
What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't...
So I'm wondering what the state of play is with MP2 and DLNA functionality? When I started this post, I did see some posts...
Replies
Views
WedgeCan, Gcarr, I downloaded mc2xml.exe from the internet Archive link you provided and I now have Zap2It guide data again. Thanks for the link!!!
WedgeCan, Gcarr, I downloaded mc2xml.exe from the internet Archive link you provided and I now have Zap2It guide data again...
Starting on Oct 1st, MC2XML quit running for me. It now starts and then instantly silently exits. This happens on all three of my...
Replies
Views
In lieu of a likely modification to TV Setup module, I have devised my own workaround, using SQL. Here is a quick resume. Should be safe but make sure you have a backup before you try this! Simple scenario to demonstrate. 2 cards both on A/B diseqc switches. In each case A connects to LNB pointed at Satelite 1, and B to Sat 2...
In lieu of a likely modification to TV Setup module, I have devised my own workaround, using SQL. Here is a quick resume. Should be...
Started on: 2020-08-25 last update: 2020-08-25 Summary: Add the ability to sort or restrict channels by group in mapping dialog...
Replies
Views
That's fun. I shattered my kneecap on one of those e-scooters. I'm terribly out of shape from the months of being bedridden. I didn't get fat, at least, but a walk in the park is not an expression of something being easy anymore.
That's fun. I shattered my kneecap on one of those e-scooters. I'm terribly out of shape from the months of being bedridden. I...
It seems odd that most of the problems that people complain about are that we can't switch to MP2 because there's no plugins for...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom