[Finished] Simple Trakt.tv and/or Follw.it plugin, please. (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    After reimporting my whole collection due some DB changes I've lost all watched flags. So if someone with programming skills could be so kind to write a simple Trakt and/or follw.it plugin just to keep track on the watched status of series and movies... No fancy gui, no social media things are needed by now, only TV Show and Movie scrobbling...
    This would be great.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Now I feel guilty
    No need to. But maybe you can do something against this feeling :whistle:

This was something I'm looking after a long time already. It would be a lot easier to migrate from MP1 (or XBMC ;) ) to MP2 for everyone with a large collection (not me only) if such a plugin exists. Recreating of DB is only a second usecase...

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    I neither use trakt.tv nor follow.it - so for this one I'm probably the wrong one...
    But what I was thinking about for a long time was something like a MovingPictures migration tool (I don't use TVSeries either, but this would work along the same lines).
    What it should do is easy:
    1. Determine whether MovPic is installed on the same computer.
    2. If so, read the paths watched by MovPics and add them as Shares to the MP2 System.
    3. Use a special MetadataExtractor for this share, which only takes metadata from the MovPic database
    This would have one big advantage additionally: It would be dead easy for people already using MP1 to just try MP2 side by side and immediately find the same information on media just in another system. Maybe we can attract more people to try MP2 that way...
    As I said, the same would be nice for TVSeries and maybe the inbuilt Video section of MP1 as well as MyFilms (was that the name? Never really tried it...). For music I think it's not necessary because this is most likely the sort of media where you find most of the information in the media files themselves as tags, so an import is easy already when your files are tagged properly.
    Just out of curiosity: Is the watched status also contained in the Moving Pictures / TVSeries Database?
    Final question: What shall we do after this "special import"? Let the other metadata extractors collect additional data where no data was available from the "special import"?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    thinking about for a long time was something like a MovingPictures migration tool
    I've talked with Chefkoch about such a tool also some time ago. So you're not the only one who wants something like that. But up to now nobody had done such.

Is the watched status also contained in the Moving Pictures / TVSeries Database?
    Yes, it is.

What shall we do after this "special import"? Let the other metadata extractors collect additional data where no data was available from the "special import"?
    I think so. But then no data should be overwritten as normally the user has done this as he likes in MovPic and TVSeries already.
    Something special to look after are the thumbs as no other plugin is storing them in DB. The path for TVSeries thumbs (not generated but downloaded from TVDB) is in DB also, so we can copy them into the DB. Moving Pictures didn't use thumbs. There the poster is used...

What I'm really missing is the "Sorttitle" MIA as it is a basic field in other Apps. With sorttitle the user can choose the sorting order as he likes. As example, in German the first two Star Trek series are named "Raumschiff Enterprise..." and as for this it will be sorted under letter "R". The newer series are called "Star Trek..." so they are sorted under letter "S". I prefer to have them listed all together under "S" for "Star Trek". Or "Star Trek Into Darkness" should be sorted as "Star Trek 12" as it is the 12th Star Trek movie...
    This sorttitle field is not available on MP2 atm as it only makes sense if the user can modify this. If we get the nfo grabber to work properly at least for movies we could implement this MIA without issues or the need for a DB config tool.

I've attached my TVSeries DB if you like something to play. ;)

Also I really would love such a tool it wouldn't make trakt/follw.it plugin obsolete. With this you can synchronize your collection to various devices. So I can use e.g. XBMC for Android on my tablet and have the watched flags set properly too... And if you use MP2 only there is a way to preserve the watched flags also you need to migrate from one DB to another (SQLCE to SQLite) or the need for rebuilding the DB...

Attachments

• TVSeriesDatabase4.7z
      7.8 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom