SIP Phone for Mediaportal (2 Viewers)

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have been developing the Asterisk2 MediaPortal plugin and looking into adding the ability to retrieve voicemail messages from the MP GUI. In doing this development, found it was also just as easy to develop a basic sip phone to connect and provide a gui giving the ability to make and receive phone calls direct from within MP.

My question here is, do people want this functionality in a plugin or do I just complete the work I need to into my existing plugin. The difference here is that the complete Sip phone is a bit more work (about 2-4 weeks worth ) and would be seperated from Asterisk as SIP is a protocol used by many Internet phone Providers.

Please let me know if you are interested and if I get more than a few "Yes Please", I will write it up..

cubii

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    AW: SIP Phone for Mediaportal

Yes Please :D

i think this would be a realy nice addition to mediaportal. If you use a bluetooth headset it works well.

I would love an plugin like that, and if you use the search many people are missing a plugin like that.

Do you think about making a phonebook also?

:D
    cubii

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A SIP plugin sounds good! Especially if it's independent of Asterisk since i'm no having such a server running ;)

Are you maybe also interested in integrating XMPP based Videochat? That would made a perfect phone plugin for MP :)

clobber

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2008
    Same here. I would like a sip phone plugin that does not have anything to do with asterix as Im not using that. How ever I do use a sip service and if I could see who is calling on in comming calls, etc that would be nice.

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks all for your input. I am starting it now and it will be seperated from asterisk - meaning a seperate plugin. I will start it off very basic, so no video calling for now but will look into that after the initial release. I will add a phone book, as a csv file so exporting from an email client address book could be used to manage the phone book instead of through media portal itself. ANyway, more details once it has been built and released for testing.....

Sean

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: AW: SIP Phone for Mediaportal

any News here?

Been a bit busy with my other plugin and everyday work, but am slowly getting through it. I have built an external softphone that works and I am now working on basic skins. I should have something hopefully in the next 3 weeks to release - albeit with basic features and then expand from there.

Initial release will be
    * ability to make inbound/outbound calls
    * callerID notification on incoming call
    * pause media on incoming/outgoing
    * a few speed dial buttons

Future releases -
    * phone book
    * possibly video call funtionality????

Sorry for the lengthy delay in getting it out.....

Sean

DjHarem

Portal Member
    December 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Sounds good,

if you need a beta tester, i am your man!

Test0r

fripsy

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Grasse
    Home Country
    France France
    Also "YES" please! :p

I already checked out the Bluetooth thingy and that works perfectly!

Standalone or Asterisk, no problem here, I'm running 2 asterisk servers...

:D

DjHarem

Portal Member
    December 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi charli181,

i don't want to be stupid... :)
    But are there any news here?
    It would be so perfect if this works.

greetz