skin editor? (1 Viewer)

remb0

Portal Pro
April 2, 2009
Is it possible to make an editor for skins? for the people who want's to build there own skin but has no xml knowlage?

a program where you can choose a basic theme. horizontal/vertical menu.
add butons (to modules/plugins)
choose font's
choose pictures or define picture maps.
etc?

and maybe some sample's. so users can choose some basic samples to build there own basic skin?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    There is a rather recent attempt at creating a skineditor (try searching the forums), however there has never been a complete and good one (that I know of). I'm pretty sure there never will be - for MP1, at least.

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Spragleknas,

yes it'a a shame this skineditor has been never completed. I'm really empressed how far it's already written...

see the picture....

regards
    kroko

Attachments

• skineditor.jpeg
      skineditor.jpeg
      824.2 KB

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I dont think so. I just followed your post and searched for skineditor in the forum. Finally I got the source for the skineditor from the tools section. So I compiled that version and ... bang... it works.

Some features are missing on my first test like reading fonts and reference xml from the particular dir. Also the group handling is buggy. Quite good structure in the source too. I love it !

It would rock big times ! It started my own editor some time ago but that one was far far awayt from this.

Regards
    kroko

NoBugS

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2009
    Hoover, AL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I was wondering if there is interest in a skin editor.
    I'm no expert in .NET so i wont continue the existing one. However I started in my own 2 days ago.
    Of course inspired by the existing one..... Mh too bad I don't know how to attach a screenshot.

I already have quite a lot of functionality in it so if there is the need for it I will push it and post it here.. but how?

Well lets see about the feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom