[solved] Skin tags not working in certain places (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryMartynUK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2012
    Portsmouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Does anyone know why most of the fanart handler tags don't work in certain screens. For example you can't use #fanarthandler.tv.userdef.backdrop1.any on the Recorded TV screen. You can use #fanarthandler.tvseries.backdrop1.any but none of the others will work and really I want user defined TV backdrops on the TV screens.

It seems something about the TV plug-in or the XML files prevents this working. If you look at the SteamedMP skin it has the option to include TVSeries backdrops on the TV screens, but not TV Fanart, I assume because the developer could not make it work either.

I've coded a work around using a copy of my TV backdrops in the skin\media folder and an Animation image type, but this of course does not support smooth transitions and just cuts from one image to the next by changing the source of the texture. A smooth transition using fanart handler would be much nicer.

As an aside the image visibility controls <id>897688</id> and <id>897689</id> weirdly work in the recorded TV screen (even though you can't pull in fanart) but don't work in the TVGuide screens. Anyone know a way to fix / workaround these issues?

e.g.

<control>
    <description>FANART IMAGE 1</description>
    <id>0</id>
    <type>animation</type>
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>0</posy>
    <width>1920</width>
    <height>1080</height>
    <textures>tvscreens\hover_tv_0.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_1.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_2.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_3.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_4.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_5.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_6.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_7.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_8.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_9.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_10.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_11.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_12.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_13.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_14.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_15.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_16.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_17.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_18.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_19.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_0a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_1a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_2a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_3a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_4a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_5a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_6a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_7a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_8a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_9a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_10a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_11a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_12a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_13a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_14a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_15a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_16a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_17a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_18a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_19a.jpg</textures>
    <Duration>0:13:40</Duration>
    <keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>
    </control>

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does anyone know why most of the fanart handler tags don't work in certain screens. For example you can't use #fanarthandler.tv.userdef.backdrop1.any on the Recorded TV screen. You can use #fanarthandler.tvseries.backdrop1.any but none of the others will work and really I want user defined TV backdrops on the TV screens.

It seems something about the TV plug-in or the XML files prevents this working. If you look at the SteamedMP skin it has the option to include TVSeries backdrops on the TV screens, but not TV Fanart, I assume because the developer could not make it work either.

I've coded a work around using a copy of my TV backdrops in the skin\media folder and an Animation image type, but this of course does not support smooth transitions and just cuts from one image to the next by changing the source of the texture. A smooth transition using fanart handler would be much nicer.

As an aside the image visibility controls <id>897688</id> and <id>897689</id> weirdly work in the recorded TV screen (even though you can't pull in fanart) but don't work in the TVGuide screens. Anyone know a way to fix / workaround these issues?

e.g.

<control>
    <description>FANART IMAGE 1</description>
    <id>0</id>
    <type>animation</type>
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>0</posy>
    <width>1920</width>
    <height>1080</height>
    <textures>tvscreens\hover_tv_0.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_1.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_2.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_3.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_4.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_5.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_6.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_7.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_8.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_9.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_10.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_11.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_12.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_13.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_14.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_15.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_16.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_17.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_18.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_19.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_0a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_1a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_2a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_3a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_4a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_5a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_6a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_7a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_8a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_9a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_10a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_11a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_12a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_13a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_14a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_15a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_16a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_17a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_18a.jpg;tvscreens\hover_tv_19a.jpg</textures>
    <Duration>0:13:40</Duration>
    <keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>
    </control>
    Wrong approach ;)
    Use the "multiimage" property instead of animation (which does not exist either) ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom