Skin timeshift slider for TV does not work (1 Viewer)

KostasPiraeus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2016
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    First of all I wish a happy new year to all,

I have tested MP2.1 prerelease with WMC skin, for watching live TV and making scheduled recordings.

It is working very well and much better than the MP1.15 I was using so far.

The problems I have noticed testing the MP2.1 are:

1). When watching live TV, pausing the live program for some minutes and when pressing the play button, the program continues to play fine exactly from the point it was paused. But it is not possible to reach the live point by using the time slider, since despite the slider follows the mouse movement, it immediately returns to its previous position when mouse button released. The only mean to catch the current live point is to be patient enough and use the fast forward button.

It must be noted here that the slider works fine when used to watch recorded TV.

2) The red button does not seem to respond (nothing happens when pressed).

PC Details:

Motherboard: Asrock X99Extreme4

RAM: 16GB

CPU: i7 5820K

Graphics: Radeon RX 460

Thank you very much for considering my case.

Last edited:

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nothing skin specific I fear. Does it work with other skins as expected? I'd be at least surprised. I asked similar in the past related tomeshift, but there was no reply.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, I missed the tag yesterday. Yes, it's not skin specific. But as asked before would be good, if somebody tests with other skins and reports back.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Seeking support is currently not implemented/working in TV timeshift. The reason is, that the timeshift buffer position is not related to the OSD progress scale, which is based on program's start/end time.

KostasPiraeus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2016
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I found today that the seeking problem I have reported can be by-passed when acting as follows:

1). Stop time shift pause by pressing the play button,

2). Press keyboard button "Esc" so that the control buttons disappear from the bottom right side of the tv window,

3). Use the left or right arrow on keyboard for fast time shift seeking as necessary.

That solved my issue,

Thank you all very much.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As this is not a bug but rather a missing feature, I am moving this thread to the Feature Request section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom