Skin Xtreme (Widescreen 16:9) **** 10/04/2018 - version 1.8.0.0 released **** (2 Viewers)

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just wanted to make sure it is on the radar. I would love to be able to help with that plugin and will certainly try, but for some reason I haven't quite gotten the hang of doing this kind of stuff in MP yet. I just need to set aside a couple of days to start trying to understand it.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Hi Marduk...

Here are the logs from watchdog. I uninstalled Xtreme, then reinstalled. I did not add any of the plugins, as I already have them up-to-date. Selected Xtreme as skin in config, set BasicHome only (Saved) and ran MediaPortal. Skin still did not load. I have not done anything that I haven't done with other skin installs. (scratches head)

Marduk65

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Marduk...

Here are the logs from watchdog. I uninstalled Xtreme, then reinstalled. I did not add any of the plugins, as I already have them up-to-date. Selected Xtreme as skin in config, set BasicHome only (Saved) and ran MediaPortal. Skin still did not load. I have not done anything that I haven't done with other skin installs. (scratches head)

Hi 2BitSculptor,
    your problem seems very similar to the one of this post -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ashes-on-startup-when-using-streamedmp.92280/
    Basically it should be a font related problem and to solve it you have to remove Fluid caps fonts you have in Windows\fonts directory and then install that one attached to post #2.
    In StreamedMP issue post I've linked above there are also other suggestions in case the first one doesn't resolve the issue.

Let me know if this helps

Cheers

Marduk65

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Is this the love child of a three-way between StreamedMP, Xface and Beazle?

...if we want to use this kind of metaphor, as I've written in the first post, the main parent (the "mother" of Xtreme ;)) is Xface.
    After Xface I've used for a long time StreamedMP, so the footprint of this skin is also well visible of course (as I've written especially for Basichome and for weather, for which sometimes ago I've done the WorldWeather Mod that became the default one in StreamedMP).
    From other skins I've got some inspirations here and there, so I don't think there are other ..."direct parents" for Xtreme :D.
    In any case we are speaking of all great skins, so... I hope that Xtreme keeps part of the beauty of his "great parents", rather than being an "ugly duckling" of them :).

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    love child and threeway sound better :confused: , I see 90% StreamedMP/Xface influence and 10% Beazle

Last edited:

Marduk65

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    love child and threeway sound better :confused: , I see 90% StreamedMP/Xface influence and 10% Beazle

...there is also a 2%/3% of HTC Sense :D
    I like very much that mobile interface, so I've tryed to port something from it, and the results are analog clock, big weatherclock in Basichome and small weatherclock in upper right on almost all screens.
    I'm thinking to try to use Themes of new coming MP1.3.0 to change, for example, the type of analog clock with other HTC Sense ones (...there are a lot of wonderful analog Hero clock skins on the Web)

Cheers

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Hi Marduk...

Hi 2BitSculptor,
    your problem seems very similar to the one of this post -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ashes-on-startup-when-using-streamedmp.92280/
    Basically it should be a font related problem and to solve it you have to remove Fluid caps fonts you have in Windows\fonts directory and then install that one attached to post #2.
    In StreamedMP issue post I've linked above there are also other suggestions in case the first one doesn't resolve the issue.

Let me know if this helps

Cheers

It does seem to be a font issue, as I substituted the fonts in fonts.xml

I also noted that there was no instal command in the file menu (right click)... so I'm not sure that the font file is complete... also when I double click the file, the font-show window opens with only the font sizes on the left column, but no example fonts display.

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    Home Country
    I will run this as soon as it's updated to 1.30a :) This looks amazing!

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    I love this skin! One of the reasons I downgraded to 1.2 again :D Is there any way to add items to the main menu ie Online videos?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom