Sky TV in the UK (1 Viewer)

sirebank

August 31, 2006
:confused: Having trawled through the MP site (although perhaps not in the right place!?) I cannot find definitively how I can be certain to get UK SKY TV to work on my PC so that I can do away with my current SKY+ box.

I see that there are currently 3 DVB-S + CAM cards supported (presumably I need the CAM so that I can use my Sky card to continue receiving subscription channels).

Will these cards work with MP and UK SKY OK? Has anybody any tips that may help?

:D

NorthernJohn

Portal Pro
January 31, 2006
Hopefully on my bike.
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm not certain about this but I don't think it is possible. The reason being that Sky won't release the knowledge needed to decrypt their signals, therefore no CAMs will work. :mad:

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong as this is something I'm interested in.

I currently have my $ky+ connected to my PVR150 card via S-Video. I then use that for archiving anything I want to keep. There is a quality hit of course as it is going through an analog connection and the sound is stereo rather than DD.

To get a digital grab would be nice :mad:

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
A FireDTV-S together with a Dragon CAM and valid Sky Digital subscription card will allow you to watch encrypted channels like Sky Movies. Sold my FireDTV a long time ago so this may no longer be the case.

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    i've been looking into this. Should still work with a FireDTV-S and a Dragon CAM. However Sky could change things at any time apparently and make the CAM incompatible with the card.

I think you also need to keep your STB around so you can validate the card every couple of months or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom