Skype plugin (4 Viewers)

maniac's

Portal Pro
July 7, 2004
Paris, FRANCE
A long time ago in a country, far far away...
I started to work on a Skype plugin !

Now I can publish a first beta version.

Here you will find the plugin binaries : http://www.prodigia.org/digimatrix/downloads/Skype4MP.rar

And there the sources : http://download.mp-fr.com/Skype4MP_src.rar DEPRECATED

Download the binaries and read carrefully the readme.txt file for installation.

QuickStart
-->F3 on contact shows its informations.
-->Context menu on current calls list.

Please report bugs and suggestions on this thread.

Edited 05/24/2005
Ok guys, I corrected those bugs....
But I don't understand the start call bug. I can't reproduce that problem.
All of my calls are placed and I can speek with my friends ! (You should have see a dialog from Skype program -not the plugin- to accept the Skype usage by other programs, nobody mention it ???)

Edited 10/13/2005
Pre-release.
Now compatible with the last version of MediaPortal.
I corrected the remote control / keyboard navigation bug.
I added the mce skin !

Please try that new version and let me know.

fathead

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
Fantastic mate! Been waiting for this for a while, so will test it out this evening as soon as I get home. :D

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    this is great dude!!!

the audio quality is brilliant and im enjoying it so much

just a few probs tho....

I have skype already on in the background..i start MP and i go to "Skype"
    I see my status as "I'm Online" ..but the status changer starts on "Offline"
    i am actually online...as the status says, but the status changer starts in the Offline position ...no biggie..just thought id mention it

I see in RED text:
    #Skype.Call.Missed
    #Skype.Call.Missed2
    is there any way to clear these messages?

I'm getting an error in my logs ..it says..
    5/22/2005 2:31:55 PM ex:The format of the file 'SkypeAPI.dll' is invalid. mscorlib at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Boolean isStringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Boolean stringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.LoadWindowPlugin(String strFile)

not quite sure what it means....i simply have to start MP and this appears in the log....
    i have followed the install as u said, installed Skype, installed the SkypeAPI comm wrapper and the plugin files to the mp/plugin/windows bla bla folder and run the reg bat file and the skins to the blutwo skin folder

Also another thing i cant get my head around is making calls....When i recieve calls the Skype window appears automatically (over the top of MP)..is there a way of keeping Skype hidden (or closed altogether?) when its running in MP?

last thing....i cant actually make calls...i can recieve them, just not call any of my contacts

I want to say a BIG thankyou as this plugin rules!!!!!!

maniac's

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2004
    Paris, FRANCE
    Thanks SiLenTYL for this top quality report !

I will post a fixed version soon for 1, 2 and 5.

For the pb 3, it'is nomall because MP's core try to load any file which ends with ".dll". I post a patch concerning plugins loading few weeks ago, but it just has been integrated. However, this is not due to a problem using skype.

To end, the pb 4 is due to skype itself. In the first version anterior to the 1.2.x you can setup skype to stay minimized when a call was received. However since the last version this setup is not present anymore :( .
    No solution @ the moment.

Stay tuned ! :wink:

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    thanks for the quick reply..

i hope to see your plugin become a great one of MP's impresive lineup of plugins :)

fathead

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    AM I missing something? All I seem to get with this plugin is sjype opening when MP starts, is that what it is meant to do?

*Edit* Got it :wink:

So far seems to work well, however I can't make calls. I select my contact, hit the call button & it doesn't seem to respond.

The GUI needs a little bit of work, but overal its very good.

I look forward to the next version.

P

paternostertje

fathead said:
    AM I missing something? All I seem to get with this plugin is sjype opening when MP starts, is that what it is meant to do?

*Edit* Got it :wink:

So far seems to work well, however I can't make calls. I select my contact, hit the call button & it doesn't seem to respond.

The GUI needs a little bit of work, but overal its very good.

I look forward to the next version.

I installed the plugin whitout a problem, but I'm having the same problem. When I hit the call button, nothing happens.

In the main screen I also have #skype.call.missed and #skype.call.missed2

can't wait for a improved release!!

P

paternostertje

Works great now!!! For me this is th most practical plugin ever!

Still have some wishes. I'd like media portal to stay in front, not skype. I can't navigate through the screen with the cursor keys. (No mouse on my htpc! I only use voice commands!) Show some more info about a call. (Duration of a call, phonenumber ...) I would like to see a difference between skype and skypeout contacts. I'd like to see the associated speed dial number. (I'm using a cyberbox with a normal dect attached. I rocks!!) Any other skype function is welcome

Hope this doesn't sound ungatefull!! This plugin rocks!! Please keep up the good work!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom