Skype plugin (1 Viewer)

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
December 8, 2004
North America
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
What microphone do you guys use?

I have a BlueTooth USB dongle and was thinking about getting the Jabra BT250 to use with Skype. Which ones do you guys use and how do you like them?

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    does that bluetooth headset have a bluetooth adaptor? my PC doesnt have any bluetooth connectivity

sounds interesting..and there are some cheap ones on ebay :)

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2004
    North America
    Home Country
    SiLenTYL said:
    does that bluetooth headset have a bluetooth adaptor? my PC doesnt have any bluetooth connectivity

sounds interesting..and there are some cheap ones on ebay :)

There are BlueTooth devices that look like jumpdrives that plug into the USB port of your computer. I was thinking of using one of those with the headset.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hi there
    i did some googling on the Jabra 250 (v) and it seems very possible to get the MP skype plugin to work with it...its just a matter of drivers..and the correct ones...theres a whole explaination of how to get such a bluetooth device to work in Windows XP/MCE w/ SP2 (which also causes problems) ...in the end however quite a few people have got it working in Skype...so it should be fine...and im also thinking of getting one soon too :)
    info here : http://forum.skype.com/viewtopic.php?t=10822&highlight=jabra+250

I also found a topic on the Skype forum regarding how to "Prevent "main" window popup when someone calls" ...which is a simple thing to do apparently.....just editing some xml files in the Skype directory
    info here : http://forum.skype.com/viewtopic.php?t=28064

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2004
    North America
    Home Country
    SiLenTYL said:
    hi there
    i did some googling on the Jabra 250 (v) and it seems very possible to get the MP skype plugin to work with it...its just a matter of drivers..and the correct ones...theres a whole explaination of how to get such a bluetooth device to work in Windows XP/MCE w/ SP2 (which also causes problems) ...in the end however quite a few people have got it working in Skype...so it should be fine...and im also thinking of getting one soon too :)
    info here : http://forum.skype.com/viewtopic.php?t=10822&highlight=jabra+250

Good info, thanks. Looks like the tricky part is the BT dongle, after that works pretty much any BT headset will work as well.

gotrootdude

Portal Member
    March 24, 2005
    Downloaded your source files today. Going to take a look at them and hopefully come up with a way to integrate Xten Xlite into it for SIP, GSM, G.711a, G711b voip compatability. (maybe openH323 since I believe that's the codec that skype uses). Should please anyone using FWD, gnophone, etc. Other interconnected networks are listed here:

http://www.freeworlddialup.com/advanced/peering_numbers

I built a asterisk pbx for my company lately, so maybe I can see what we can do to add voip as a service built into MP instead of just a plugin. 8)

OMG: What am I getting myself into?

If I can get it working, will have STUN capable voip built in.. Maybe free MP to MP voip.. How about a "My Internet Telephone" section..

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nice plugin but before we can add it to CVS some things need to be done:

1. Skype plugin is unusable for remote/keyboard only users.
    2. Use context menu's to change online status and/or view logs
    3. make sure each & every button is accessible via keyboard

Frodo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom