Skype plugin (2 Viewers)

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Andrew, thanks for adding those extra bits. After initial brief testing all seems to be working fine. But yes my status is also showing offline too. I was able to make and receive fine though.

Geov, I think the Skype4COM DLL(s) should just go in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Skype

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2006
    Lower Hutt
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Geov -

3) The contact shown on the right only display my normal skype contacts, but not my SkypeOut contacts.

This is a feature - SkypeOut contacts are only shown when SkypeOut is selected (supposed to make it harder to accidentally spend money, especially with little fingers in the house!).

1) When I go to Skype in MediaPortal my status is displayed as 'Offline', even though 'Skype' itself shows that I'm Online.
    2) The only options in the MP-plugin available to me are 'Start Skype' and ‘Chats’; the others are greyed out and cannot be selected.
    4) If I call one of my contacts skype makes the call and I can hear it ringing, but I cannot stop the call. I have to close/minimise MediaPortal and terminate the call in skype.

(My status is shown as Online on both Vista and XP SP2)...

Can you post/PM your MediaPortal.log please? It sounds like the plugin didn't manage to initialise either itself, or the connection to Skype properly, so it isn't receiving/intercepting any Skype events. Hopefully there'll be a clue in the log... As a quick check, there should be a line in there that says something like this:

Code:
    SP->Versions: Skype 3.6.0.216, Skype4COM 1.0.28.2, Protocol 8, Skype4MP 0.1.1.3

I assume you have permitted MP to connect to Skype (otherwise it shouldn't be able to see the Contacts).

I also downloaded "Skype4COM", but what do I do with the files? Do I put it into the MediaPortal, Windows or Skype folders?

You should find it already where mcraenz said (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Skype (version 1.0.28.2 is the latest (release)version)). If not, there might have been a problem with your Skype install (do you have anything in the Skype Tools/Do More menu, or under Options/Advanced). Anyway, I don't think it matters where you put it, but putting it in that directory will probably avoid problems with Skype upgrades in the future. (BTW - don't forget to regsvr32 it...)

Andrew

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi Andrew

Your request is my command; please find attached my MediaPortal logs. :D You are correct, there are some initialisation issues for the Skype plugin in the logs...but I don’t know what causes it. I have reinstalled skype, and you’re plug-in a few times but it gives me the same problem every time. Extras-Manager definitely works, because I can open it up in skype...so it can’t be that. The only other difference that I can see is that my Skype version is a bit newer than the one you tested with…

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2006
    Lower Hutt
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks geov - it was easy once I saw the logs...

I have updated the files in the post above - there was a slight problem(!) with the BlueTwo skin (the new button was missing :( ). If you don't want to download the MPI again, then the attached xml file should replace the current one in the skin\BlueTwo directory (BlueTwo wide is fine).

Andrew

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Yes thanks Andrew, I'm also happy. The only thing I'm hoping for in the future is for a WebCam feed into MediaPortal :D :D

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2006
    Lower Hutt
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yep - it's a mission I've had several goes at! including trying to capture the Skype video window and redisplaying it in MP. if anybody knows how to capture the video from a hidden/minimised window, using the API, let me know :)

Oh, and BTW: the solution has to work for both XP and Vista...

Next thing to try is resizing the Skype window in front of MP so it looks like it's embedded... :)

Ongoing... really wanting Skype to give me an API, though :)

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2006
    Lower Hutt
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    V01.1.14 is released

Superceded by V0.1.1.6 at this post

Requires MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 (final), and later versions of Skype (3.2+ should be fine, but tested with 3.6.0.244), with the Extras Manager installed.

See the repository at ]MEDIAPORTAL - free MediaCenter HTPC Software - Skype4MP Updated for installation/configuration instructions.

Wiki is at Extensions-Plugins/Skype4MP - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation

V0.1.1.4:

Added screen to allow changing all configuration options from within MP, although some (notably the Handle Voice/Chat) won't take effect until MP is restarted.

Also - since few people seem to use the _min installation, I have dropped it from now on...

V0.1.1.3:

1. Added options to pause media while asking for confirmation of voice call or chat message responses.

2. Added Silent Mode option. Silent Mode (SM) suppresses all the notifications from Skype until you exit SM manually by doubleclicking on the System Tray icon, or (in our case) pressing the new Silent Mode button on the Skype plugin GUI. The button allows you to set/clear SM whenever you feel like it.

The Config SM option is always used when MP starts - the first time you enter SM, Skype will ask you to confirm that it's ok - I suggest you set the option to allow it permanently.

Note: Silent Mode should also prevent the annoying loss-of-focus issues that have been reported when calls arrive...

3. Added "Ignore incoming calls" option - if set, you can still do everything else, it just won't ask if you want to answer the call (calls shoudl still be tracked properly). Note: If this option is set you cannot answer a call from the plugin, although you can hold/stop/start video once the call has been started externally...

As always, report bugs etc here please. It always helps to please include your MediaPortal.log.

Notes:

1. You need to install the Extras Manager when installing Skype - this will install the Skype4COM wrapper required. Alternatively, you can download Skype4COM from the Skype website at https://developer.skype.com/Docs/Skype4COM

2. Vista: On Vista, MediaPortal and Skype have to run at the same Integrity Level. Since MP runs as Administrator, this means that the best way to start Skype is to let MP do it (either automatically at start up, or on demand from the plugin).

3. Vista: If you have a Skype phone (e.g. Philips VOIP321), you have to make sure that its drivers are also running as administrator (since MP has to anyway). Otherwise, the phone will not be able to connect to Skype.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom