Skype plugin (1 Viewer)

Gertihj

March 4, 2007
Home Country
Hi again Testerboy
I installed the version V0.1.1.1, and now it is possible to use the function "Dial number".
Sorry to be so late to reply, but I haven't had time the last time.
But as we say in my language, "better late then never". :)
Thanks

jbagh

Portal Member
January 7, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
3. Vista: If you have a Skype phone (e.g. Philips VOIP321), you have to make sure that its drivers are also running as administrator (since MP has to anyway). Otherwise, the phone will not be able to connect to Skype.

---

How do you do that? - Because my dualphone says that it is waiting for skype access. - Any ideas?

jbagh

Portal Member
January 7, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Anybody?

Skype starts with media-portal, and I can dial in, and it writes that someone is calling. But the DualPhone is not working. It is working fine, if I start Skype without mediaportal??

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
July 10, 2006
Lower Hutt
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I think (from my experiments some time ago with a borrowed DualPhone) that you need to set the "Run as Administrator" option on the Properties for the Dualphone app ( on the Compatibility tab, I think)...

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey Andrew, I'm running skype 3.8.0.115 and the latest skype4mp, vista ultimate SP1, I've tried letting MP start skype but still whatever I do I get Offline shown as my status even though I'm online.
    Delete all log files. Start MP go into skpe plugin. MediaPortal.log is the only log generated; attached.

I'm running Blue Two Wide

Hope you can help.
    Cheers,
    mcraenz

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2006
    Lower Hutt
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Upgrading to Skype 3.8.0.115

Hi mcraenz -

I upgraded my Vista (Ultimate) workhorse to 3.8.0.115, and reinstalled MediaPortal 1 RC1 with the latest SVN (hadn't run MP on this box for months...), then reinstalled Skype4MP.

1. I've been having trouble with Skype in general on the Vista box recently - it starts, but has on SysTray icon, so when I close the GUI I have no way of getting back to it. Running it from the Start menu or desktop icon just does nothing at all. I have to stomp on it with Task Manager and restart it to get any joy. This was the case on this testing as well...

2. I then had to re-authorise MP for access to Skype - the dialog popped up as a notificaton icon, then showed up as an event in the Skype GUI, which let me allow MP access. If you're starting MP fullscreen, you may not have seen the message? The auth request should still be there as an event in the Skype GUI, I think...

Once I got through all that, the plugin works for me. Did any of this help?

(I do notice that the MP flashscreen switches to the "not responding" version briely before opening the MP home screen, so there may be a longer delay than previously while Skype4MP is waiting for Skype to respond...)

Andrew

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hmmm, Yea I should have said, yes I did authorize MP in skype, I'll have another play with it tonight :)

Cheers,
    mcraenz

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2006
    Lower Hutt
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi mcraenz - can you set the info level to debug and start MP again please? It should log soime more details, which might give me an idea what the problem is.

BTW - I assume you installed the Extras Manager with V3.8 and therefore have Skype4COM V1.0.29.0 now?

Cheers,
    Andrew

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey,
    I just ran the regular installer and it didn't ask about the extras manager. I do however have the Skype4COM dll in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Skype

Attached is the log (again from a clean log dir) +Debug mode; can't really see anything significant in there.

Just to be sure, I should be just using the MPI from the MediaPortal plug-in downloads section right?

Thanks for your help :)

Cheers,
    mcraenz

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2006
    Lower Hutt
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The log shows "SP->API status: apiAttachRefused (False)" - humour me, and go to Skype's Tools/Options/Advanced.Manage other program's access to Skype, and check that you allowed access. AttachRefused is only supposed to occur if the attach is denied, not if the client program can't find Skype at all.

Hope we can find the answer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom