skystar hd and tv eng 0.2 (1 Viewer)

matis1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2005
    Austria /Europe
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i recently bought a skystar hd which operates well with the bundeled tv software.

in mp setup i can autoscan the astra/c channels and i can assign the channels to the ss hd and my hauppauge 350. the cards have different ratings ( i dont know how it is called exactly in mp-setup)

nevertheless in Mp i can watch the channels assigned to my hauppauge card but switching to a channel which is assigned to the ss hd gives me that no card is free for tuning.

in the forum i found hints that the skystar hd may be not supported by tv engine0.2.
    can somebody support this or is anybody using a ss hd under tv engine 0.2?

matis1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2005
    Austria /Europe
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i dont think you are right, as the skystar hd is a dvb-s2 card. so im pretty sure these drivers wont work with my card...

Paul S

Portal Pro
    May 14, 2006
    Franklin, WI (Milwaukee)
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You won't know unless you try.

Fom the drivers' .ini file:
    Code:
    MANUFACTURER_NAME        = "Technisat"
    SkyNetBDA.DeviceDesc     = "TechniSat DVB-PC TV Star PCI (BDA)"
    INSTALLATION_DISK        = "TechniSat installation disk"
    DISPLAY_NAME             = "TechniSat DVB-PC TV Star PCI (BDA)"
    SERVICE_DESCRIPTION      = "TechniSat BDA Driver"

You would need to change the network provider in the config file (in the other post). ATSC is only for the USA, you need to susititute the correct one for your area.

The instructions on their web site do warn about making a backup before installing. They are considered to be "beta" drivers.

matis1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2005
    Austria /Europe
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i tried the beta bda drivers from technisat, the vendor for skystar hd. not really an improvement, i do not get an error message any more, but the screen stays black.

again i have to say, that in the bundeled tv viewer software the card is working as it should. even hd-channels are displayed only with little hickups (due to my hardware specs).

so again i have to ask whether anyone was able to have a skystar hd or an tt3200-s2 working in TvE0.2?
    i suppose these cards are virtually the same...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom