SleepControl plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (2 Viewers)

D

Doodle

AW: SleepControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.8.7

Hey, thank you, working fine now in Maya and switches off :)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: SleepControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.8.7

Hi,

I have a problem with this plugin.. I'm using Mediaportal 1.2.0 beta with the latest version of this plugin, version 0.9.0, and the latest streamedMP skin.

Last week the plugin stoped working after I had installed Fortherecord TV server.. Very strange, but i'm sure that is the problem.. I have also tried it on antoher pc.. Without forthe record, also on that pc the plugin runs fine, but after an install of fortherecord, also on that pc the plugin stopped working. I get the message: "missing or invalid file"

I have tried to install the plugin again (v0.8.7) and after that, copy the 0.9.0 file ito the plugin section.. But no luck..

I cant'find the connection between fortherecord and this plugin.. Do you have any idea? I can't mis this plugin, because i'm using it very much :s

Hope you know a solution..

Thanks!

EDIT: I found the answer in post 102. When I unzip the pachage, and put the 2 .dll files into the Mediaportal installer folder, the plugin works! The problem is only, that when I do that, the plugin: "MPDisplay2" doensn't work anymore :s Do you have maybe an explanation for that? Did I have maybe to try a newer version of the dll files?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello powermarcel10,
    good to know, that you have found a working solution.
    I've never been used the MPDisplay2 plugin, so it is hard to reproduce the problem. Do you have seen any error log entries in mediaportal.log or error.log, which can be point to the incompatibility?

Cheers, Micropolis

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hello powermarcel10,
    good to know, that you have found a working solution.
    I've never been used the MPDisplay2 plugin, so it is hard to reproduce the problem. Do you have seen any error log entries in mediaportal.log or error.log, which can be point to the incompatibility?

Cheers, Micropolis

Hi Micropolis,

thanks for your reply..

Is there a way to compile sleepcontrol that it don't check if those 2 dll files are in the Mediaportal folder? Than the problem is solved..

cheers,

Marcel

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi powermarcel10,
    some core routines of this plugin requires both libraries, a simple recompilation isn't possible. The only way is to create a 2nd version of this plugin without TV server support.
    This is a hard way and needs a lot of time.

Cheers and best regards, Micropolis

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi powermarcel10,
    some core routines of this plugin requires both libraries, a simple recompilation isn't possible. The only way is to create a 2nd version of this plugin without TV server support.
    This is a hard way and needs a lot of time.

Cheers and best regards, Micropolis

Allright, I understand:) Hope that it is not so much work to the side of the MPdisplay2 plugin.. Maybe the problem can be solved there..

I want to use both plugins!

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello!
    This plugin works fine with 1.2.0 BETA but not with the current SVN. I know its some time to go till the 1.2.0 RC but I really love this plugin and I hope it will be made compatible and further devolped. I don't know why its not working anymore.. maybe some dialog changes in the SVN versions..
    Thank you!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: SleepControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.8.7

Hello!
    This plugin works fine with 1.2.0 BETA but not with the current SVN. I know its some time to go till the 1.2.0 RC but I really love this plugin and I hope it will be made compatible and further devolped. I don't know why its not working anymore.. maybe some dialog changes in the SVN versions..
    Thank you!

Hello Holzi,
    do you have tried the latest compilation against v1.1.7.28030 from here?
    If yes, which "current" SVN do you mean? Any problems, which can be extracted from your log files?

Cheers, Micropolis

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello!
    It was SVN version 1.1.7.28045 but I'm back on 1.2.0 BETA on the laptop now so can't test anymore. (girlfriend isn't in the mood to test =)) I think I don't had your latest version installed and I hope that caused the problem. =)
    Thanks!

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hey there...

I'm looking for a possibility to use S4 mode and away mode together.
    What I mean is using the S4 as the normal shutdown option and away mode in case of
    present recordings.
    Normally configuring the pc for the S4 would kill present recordings and away mode
    is only available when the pc is configured for S3 mode.
    But since this plugin detects recordings there could be the chance to set up a quick activation which puts the system
    into S4 mode when there are no recordings at the moment and puts it to S3 (meaning away mode) when there is a recording presently.
    For example: key "red" triggers entering S4 if there is no recording and triggers S3 if there is a recording presently....
    Do you think that would be a sensible improvement?

Regards,

Rico

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom