SleepTimer and MouseOffScreen (1 Viewer)

Netboy

September 11, 2005
Midwest, USA
First and foremost, these are not MP plugins, they are just compiled Windows scripts. To use them, you can add them to the My Programs plugin by waeberd. They are meant for people using a media center and MP strictly from a remote control. You could easily use other options via keyboard/mouse to acheive the same results.

MPSleepTimer - I could never get any of the other sleep timers to work, so this is just a workaround. It starts a Windows shutdown and pauses 90 minutes before shutting down Windows. The 499k zip includes the source, docs with screenshots, and compiled program. (The script and source are tiny, it's the screenshots that make it 499k, sorry.)
You can download the file here.

MouseOffScreen - For those running a media center strictly through a remote, Windows leaves the mouse in the center of the screen at bootup. Even though inactivity in MP hides it, it can reappear sometimes. This just moves it to the lower-right offscreen so it is no longer visible. The 384k zip includes the source, docs with screenshots, and compiled program. (The script and source are tiny, it's the screenshots that make it 384k, sorry.)
You can download the file here.

For info on the compiler, check out AutoIt at http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/.
It's freeware, no bloatware, and a solid performer.

As a sidenote, thank you to all the MediaPortal developers. Media Center just didn't make the cut for me, but this program was the sole reason for me moving from Xbox XBMC to a media center pc. Programs like this change the evolution of entertainment centers.

Please let me know if you find the scripts useful, I'm not sure how many others are using remote setups, but it's nice to hear that it at least helps someone.

Enjoy...
netboy

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I would like to use MouseOffScreen as I have MediaPortal running on a dedicated PC, it always runs in full-screen mode and I only use an MCE remote to navigate.

However, I only want MouseOffScreen to be active when MediaPortal is running. Once I have closed MediaPortal, I would like to be able to control the mouse pointer again.

Can anyone suggest how I might set up MouseOffScreen so it is launched when MediaPortal is started, and MouseOffScreen is exited when MediaPortal is closed?

I am not a programmer, so if your suggestion involves any coding or scripting, I would appreciate some guidance on the details of the scripting.... :)

Cheers,

Taipan

WhiteDog

Portal Member
    December 19, 2005
    Actually it is possible to just make the mouse pointer disappear completely. Not just hide it.

i could write a small program that runs in the tray and removes the mouse pointer if it detects Media portal is running, and put it back when no MediaPortal is detected.

I'll see if i can whip this up in one of the next days. Mouse pointer bugs me too :D

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    WhiteDog said:
    I'll see if i can whip this up in one of the next days.
    That would be excellent.... :D

And I will volunteer to be a tester of your first release..... :wink:

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    WhiteDog said:
    I'll see if i can whip this up in one of the next days. Mouse pointer bugs me too :D
    Hi "WhiteDog" - I don't mean to be pushy, but I am still available to be a beta tester for this "small program"..... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom