1.4.x Slick blue Theme for Titan - Recording space indicator and MPSteam support (1 Viewer)

GaryMartynUK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2012
    Portsmouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Slick Blue is a 'tweaked' version of the Titan Blue theme. Only a few subtle changes.

This theme is designed to work best in Basic Home mode with backdrops or fanart enabled. I believe it works fine in classic mode, but you won't see a great deal of difference.

Update 27/11/13 - I have since developed two other skins, one of which now effectively replaces both Slick Blue and Slick Blue Panel. Pulse8 and Pulse-Hex contain many more features than Slick Blue but can be configured to look exactly like Slick Blue if you turn off some of the extra features. You can look at them by clicking the links on the names in this paragraph. They also come in two other colour combinations. Pulse-Hex is the replacement for Slick Blue, Pulse8 also adds 8 buttons per Basic Home screen and thus includes more plug-in supported on the main screens.

v0.1.0
    • Included support for backdrops on the 2nd Basic Home page
    • Added a second backdrop for the Radio button
    • Incorporated support the MPSteam plug-in
    • Faster drawing of the 'Latest TV series' and 'Latest movies' overlays
    • Moved power button to the bottom of the screen and lowered all Basic Home buttons to reveal more of the backdrops
    • Incorporated support for DriveFreeSpace plug-in to give a recording space indicator on the Recorded TV screen
    • Included the coloured EPG categories on the 11 line TV guide
    • Some custom basic home buttons
    • Rounded off the edges of the RSS ticker

v0.2.0 - Updated 21/8/13
    • Added submenu for Radio
    • Created 11 row radio guide (picks up the same setting as 7 or 11 row TV guide in skin settings)
    • Reordered TV submenu
    • Set default click on TV and Radio buttons to highlight 'Guide' in submenu
    • Changed titles on Recorded Radio and Radio Search screens to say Radio not TV and include Radio icon
    • Moved Radio submenu and Latest TV Series overlays to be in front of the background overlay (makes submenus and latest media overlays equally bright)
    • Note : There is no language pack entry for 'Search Radio guide' so I have hard coded 'Search' the title on this screen will not translate
    v0.2.1 - Updated 23/08/13
    • Fixed alignment of latest videos overlay posters and centred them in all overlays
    • Fixed hidden menu in My Videos due to skipping 'scan' when scrolling up (this was submitted as a bug to Titan and is fixed in 1.5.0 when released
    v0.3.0 - Updated 08/09/13
    • Lowered all menu items further
    • Removed 'slide' effect on 2nd basic home menu (the first ones doesn't slide, so made them consistent)
    • Added a solid blue 'Glow' effect to highlight buttons as opposed to the normal highlight frame in Titan
    • Lowered left and right next menu indicators to align to buttons
    • Created a 'Slick Blue Panel' theme which includes a back panel for the buttons on the basic home screen and updated left and right menu indicators

Simply extract the file into the theme directory within
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan

There is a txt file in the zip for info on how to set-up DriveFreeSpace (or you can access that info here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...n-recorded-programs-view.120119/#post-1008890)

v0.3.0 updates

New Glow highlight
    New Glow preview.png

Default Titan highlight (For comparison)
    Titan Glow preview.png

Slick Blue main menu
    preview.png

Slick Blue Panel main menu
    preview.png

v0.2.0 updates
    Radio Menu

Slick Blue Preview.jpg
    11 row radio guide
    11 row radio guide.jpg

v0.1.0 + v0.2.0
    Backdrops on 2nd basic home screen + New RSS background

Slick Blue Preview 4.jpg
    Integration of MPSteam plug-in
    Slick Blue Preview 2.jpg
    Recording space indicator on recorded TV screen
    Slick Blue Preview 3.jpg
    Genre indicators on 11 row TV Guide
    Slick Blue Preview 5.jpg

Attachments

• Slick blue theme.zip
      24.6 MB
    • Slick blue theme v0.2.0.zip
      24.5 MB
    • Slick blue theme v0.2.1.zip
      24.5 MB
    • Slick Blue Theme v0.3.0.zip
      24.3 MB
    • Slick Blue Panel Theme v0.3.0.zip
      23.5 MB
    Last edited:

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the Theme! Very nice Looking.

I use 1.6.0pre and there must be some changes with the DriveFreeSpace Indicator? It is looking wierd.. :)
    Maybe you know what must be changed? Thanks alot!

GaryMartynUK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2012
    Portsmouth
    Home Country
    Brudertac,

Thanks for the compliment, glad you like it. I've not used 1.6.0pre yet so not had a chance to look into this. But technically 1.6.0pre has no changes to the skin engine so the skin should technically work, it could also be an incompatibility with the DriveFreeSpace plugin. Can you check in the MediaPortal configuration on the plugins tab to see if DriveFreeSpace shows as compatible or not?

I guess it should be showing as compatible as the drive space indicator on the Recorded TV page should simply not show if it detects the plug-in is not enabled. So assuming it is showing as compatible could you send me a screen shot of your recordedTV page so I can see what it looks like and I will install 1.6.0pre in a virtual machine and see if I can fix it.

Also as a quick possible fix. In general I find if a visual element does not show correctly it is normally where an old version of an image is already in the Cache (MP only reads images the first time you load a skin, from then on it pulls them from it's cache. So whilst this should not happen as the images the drive indicator uses are all unique, it might be worth closing MP, deleting the c:\programdata\Team Mediaportal\Cache\Titan directory and then restarting MePo. This will cause it to rebuild the image cache and ensures that it is using the images defined in the skin.

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi GaryMartynUK,

i have tried to delete the cache. That doesnt help.
    The Plugin is shown as Compatible in MP Config.

Screenshot of FreeDriveSpace in MP and a Screenshot of the Config.
    slickblue_recordspace.jpg
    drivespace_config.jpg

GaryMartynUK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2012
    Portsmouth
    Home Country
    Brudertac,

OK I see the problem now, the DriveFreeSpace plugin appears to be working fine, you just have the default text strings in the DriveFreeSpace plugin config.

If you change the 'GUI Text' box to contain....
    Approx %rectimeleft% hours available

and in the GUI text (total for all enabled drives) box put.....
    %uspercent%

Then it should display properly. I think this info is also in a text file included with the skin, but I should really make that clear on the initial post. So I'll add that in asap.

I also notice from your pictures that you run your system in German. As there is nothing suitable in the the MePo language files for this plugin the label 'Recording space' is hard coded in English. If you translate 'Recording Space' for me I'll happily update and upload an XML file for the recordedTV page in German.

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Gary, thanks a lot. It is working perfect now. :)

You can translate as follows:

"Approx %rectimeleft% hours available" - "ca. %rectimeleft% Stunden verfügbar"

"Recording Space" - "Aufnahmespeicher"
    "used" - "verwendet"

best regards

GaryMartynUK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2012
    Portsmouth
    Home Country
    Brudertac,

Here you go. Put the "ca. %rectimeleft% Stunden verfügbar" into DriveFreeSpace config as you already spotted and then save the attached mytvrecordedtv.xml in the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\Themes\Slick blue or Slick Blue Panel directory over the top of the one that is in there. You should then get this.....

Slick Blue drive space german.jpg

If there is anything wrong please let me know.

Attachments

• mytvrecordedtv.xml
      11.2 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom