Slide Show Features (1 Viewer)

tthomas

Portal Member
September 28, 2004
8
0
Seattle, WA
Can the slide show feature for pictures do the following?

Travers a directory for sub directories. I arrange photos in groups and sub groups and would like to be able to show all photos in a parent group.

Can a random feature be added that generates a list of images for a slide show then optionally randomises the array changing the display order


Thanks
 

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    2,658
    115
    47
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

    tthomas said:
    Travers a directory for sub directories. I arrange photos in groups and sub groups and would like to be able to show all photos in a parent group.
    Yes it can already. There are two slideshow buttons. "R.Slideshow" recurses all subdirs of one group.
    tthomas said:
    Can a random feature be added that generates a list of images for a slide show then optionally randomises the array changing the display order
    Not possible (yet). But a nice idea, perhaps someone can implement this. :)

    Flip.
     

    tthomas

    Portal Member
    September 28, 2004
    8
    0
    Seattle, WA
    Some code for rand array lists

    I use this code quite often in my apps..

    Just fill the ArrayList al with the images then optionally pass to the rand routine.

    Use al and an index pointer to keep track of current image.

    //-----------------------
    using System.Collections;

    private ArrayList al = new ArrayList();
    private int indx = 0;

    Random r =new Random();
    indx = r.Next(al.Count);
    RandomizeArrayList(al,r);


    private static void RandomizeArrayList(ArrayList arrayList, Random random)
    {
    if(arrayList == null) { return; }
    int count = arrayList.Count;
    for(int i=0;i<count;i++)
    {
    Object tmp = arrayList;
    arrayList.RemoveAt(i);
    arrayList.Insert(random.Next(count), tmp);
    }
    }
     
    A

    Anonymous

    Guest
    The randomisation has been just added this week for the My music section.
    But not the ability to select a "root dirctory" and traverse sub-directory's... the randomisation play all the database

    Anyway, will be happy when all those fuctions will be available for pictures, videos and music (not needed for news, mail and recipies :D ) hummm maybe recipies ;)

    Seb
     
    X

    xenon2000

    Guest
    tthomas said:
    Can the slide show feature for pictures do the following?

    Travers a directory for sub directories. I arrange photos in groups and sub groups and would like to be able to show all photos in a parent group.

    Can a random feature be added that generates a list of images for a slide show then optionally randomises the array changing the display order


    Thanks

    I can't wait for a random images feature to be implemented... I use MP on a digital picture frame that I bought and so the slideshow is the most used MP feature on that device. I also use MP on my HTPC and like to leave it on the slideshow when I am not using it for other things.

    So on the frame, I just have the builtin XP random slideshow running for now. To me, nothing is more boring than a picture slide show that goes in order. It's like scrolling through images on a digital camera, very dry and boring.

    I haven't seen any mention of random image slideshow feature being a priority for a future release. Personally, I am shocked that the very first MP 0.0.0.1 (or whatever) release didn't have random image slideshow. Actually, it's open source, so I guess I should take a look and see if I can help that out.
     

    Users who are viewing this thread

    Top Bottom