Slow Access or Playback Times: Read Here (1 Viewer)

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    For some versions of MP now, I have constantly experienced slow to very slow playback times on my client machine. These could be up to a minute, depending on how video is transcoded (inside Matroska container): XVid, DivX, H.264, etc. This HTPC is wirelessly networked with a TP-Link AC1200 dual band router. I use the 5khz band for minimal interruption, from other appliances ie. microwave.

This is extremely quick in all other areas of response -eg. Zoomplayer, WMP, except Mediaportal. After having just completed its upgrade to v1.12.0, & still suffering the wait times, I finally decided to attempt to resolve it. After viewing a number of forums & threads, I came across this. 2nd post down is a link to an older version of Mediainfo. I downloaded & replaced the version 769 mediainfo.dll (in main Mediaportal folder) with this version. Instantly all different video files loaded & began playback within 5 seconds max. This works with both Moving Pictures & TV Series plugins, as well as the video area of MP.

I have since just replaced the same file in my main HTPC, with a smaller improvement across the different Matroska video files. Hence my motivation for this post.

The questions that needs to be asked are:
    -Am I in the minority of users suffering from this issue?
    -If not, why is there not more forum activity regarding the concern?
    -If so, why do the MP coders continue to use latest versions of Mediainfo.dll, if they continue to disappoint?

I can only assume I am in the vast minority with {for whatever reason} this issue.

As a side note: if you are using wireless, & experiencing interference, of buffering issues, get yourself an 802.11ac dual band router. You won't regret it. It's stable, & accurate. I have even noticed improvement of streaming flash player videos (I watch the USPGA via internet subscription) across my singleseat HTPC wire connection. Don't ask me how, I'm not a PC whiz. I just know it is more steady.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom