Slow ZAPping of Encrypted Channels (1 Viewer)

mclog

Portal Member
November 6, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi

When I'm ZAPping encrypted channels with MP, the ZAP time is about 5 - 6 seconds. If I compare this with, for example, MyTheatre, that's very slow, as other applications seem to take about 2 - 3 seconds for the same thing. Unencrypted channels are superfast in MP, I mean like 0.5 seconds.

I'm pretty sure I've applied every tip & trick in the forums, I just can't get it to go any faster for these encrypted channels.

I have FloppyDTV-S with CI/CAM, when I use these other applications, the Digital Everywhere CI application is used, MediaPortal uses it's own decrypting components.

This channel zap is the only thing from preventing me going 100% to MP use, due to WAF. Anybody have any suggestions what I should do here?

Cheers

McLog

postaanerik

January 26, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Slow channel switching FloppyDTV

Hi,

I Have the same problem With FloppyDTV-S + AstonCrypt
FloppyDTV-S with Latest Firmware.

anyone a solution?

Thanx

jensnasholm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 21, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Can you see anything particular in the log files? I am running this with a FloppyDTV-C with channel changes around 2 seconds across all types of channels.

Mantis

Portal Member
    January 31, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have same problem 6-8 seconds for changing channels with FireDTV-C, latest firmware and BDA drivers.

funkychicken

Portal Member
    November 10, 2006
    Same problem here using DVB-S, problem occurs in both TT 1500 and FloppyDTV.

The forum is littered with posts on slow channel change, it would be best to search the forum for a list of things to check.

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    May 28, 2006
    Den Bosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Same here

I have A FireDTV Floppy DTV-C with a AlphaCrypt 3.05 CAM.
    Changing cahnnels takes between 4 up to 20! seconds, and it really sucks...
    Anybody solved thisone yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom