small addition for MultiTagReader requested (1 Viewer)

NoMoDo

Portal Member
September 9, 2004
Israel
Hi! The tag.exe can be used not only for FLAC, Ogg Vorbis and APE format files, but also for MusePack files. Therefore, adding support for MusePack files is a matter of changing the SupportsFile function to:

Code:
    public override bool SupportsFile(string strFileName)    
    {
      if (System.IO.Path.GetExtension(strFileName).ToLower()==".ogg" ||         
          System.IO.Path.GetExtension(strFileName).ToLower()==".flac" ||        
          System.IO.Path.GetExtension(strFileName).ToLower()==".mpc" ||       
          System.IO.Path.GetExtension(strFileName).ToLower()==".ape")         
        return true;      
      return false;    
    }

Also it would be nice if the .mpc extension could be added to the hardcoded list of supported music extensions. I know you can't play it on WMP9 without first installing a DirectShow filter, but that's true for Ogg, Flac and Ape as well.

_man_

Portal Member
June 20, 2005
Paris
Hi,

I'm using Media Portal since 2 weeks now and I'm very happy with it.

I am mainly a music listerner, coming from Foobar/Winamp world, and was looking for a UI you can drive with remote control. 'Seems I found it :) !

Now, a small request : my audio codec of choice if WavPack. It uses APEv2 tags, just like MusePack or Monkey's Audio, so I guess MP could read associated tags via tag.exe.

Modification to SupportsFile function would be identical than the one described in previous NoMoDo post, but for extention ".wv".

Thanx !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom