Small HTPC (1 Viewer)

osmyth

Portal Member
March 10, 2014
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have just built my main htpc and am now looking at an sff machine to go in the bedroom (to replace a Humax HD).

I have a tv tuner in the main htpc (using MediaPortal), so the sff will be the MP Client.

I assume the sff will be doing the de-interlacing of live tv, so it needs suitable graphics capability (I have an AMD A10-5700 in the main htpc). The Live TV quality needs to be the same as the main htpc.

It will need ethernet and hdmi connections. Built-in MCE IR receiver would be nice. Something that has a Vesa bracket may be beneficial as well.

Any recommendations from people in the same situation, either for a diy case (similar size to Humax HD) or a NUC/Brix/Zbox/etc?

Thanks.

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have two Intel Nuc and they both work great. I use usb connected ir receivers so nothing built-in.

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have in Intel NUC box as MP client connecting to my central TV Server:
    http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/nuc/nuc-kit-d54250wyk.html

I have a ceiling mounted Samsung Smart TV with this computer attached on the back side and it is working really great. No problems using the remote.
    Watching TV - both SD and HD with excellent quality. Same for HD Movies.

Best regards

/Ulf

I too have looked at these for a MP client. Can you tell me what OS you run on it and what the boot time is like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom