[solved] Small patch to allow channel selection outside of current group (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Could this be re-addressed? I think it is a quite good idea to select channels that are in a different group. Ideally:
1. If selection by index is selected, nothing changes
2. If selection by channel number is selected and the current group has a channel with this channel number, nothing changes (that is the one selected)
3. In any other case, the first found channel that has the selected channel number is selected, the group is changed to the first group that this channel belongs too.
Seems sensible.

DJBlu, do you include this patch in your Custom Data Grabber builds by any chance?

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
Not anymore.

The Custom Data Grabber code includes only the code needed for the custom data features so it can be tested without any chance of other features causing issues.

cundogg

Portal Member
September 29, 2013
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
Is there any update on this? Has it been addressed in the latest version? I think its a great idea. I would like to disable the all channels group but can't as I have to manually change the group everytime I want to zap to a channel outside of the current group. Kind of inconvenient having to do this everytime. I know I could create a group of all the channels I want then use that but I like the having my groups organized into different categories when I am browsing the epg.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    @mbuzina - could you make a GIT branch for this? At least then we have the code stored somewhere safe and we won't forget about it.

I am happy to test it and see if it will be safe to include in 1.8.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I think this patch is against an another user request to lock the channel groups.

Another user wants to have channel groups locked so you can't switch to a channel in a different group?

I guess we have to decide which one wins!

thekitehunte

Portal Member
    December 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Has there been any update on this? I use groups and they're great for normal TV watching. I've only needed the input of numbers now that I'd like to use 'Peel Smart Remote' to use my phone to scan through what's on, select a channel and have MP go directly to that. This restriction of only searching within one group prevents that working and seems an unnecessary restriction.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom