Ongoing SNES-PC (1 Viewer)

Lotus

Portal Member
December 28, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey guys, I am in the process of building a full PC into a SNES shell.
I am using a Mini-ITX motherboard, it is the VIA VT8237R motherboard with a 1.5 ghz VIA CN700 CPU. It has 512 mb of ram, and a 320 gb hard drive. The system is fairly basic, it is meant for running older emulators and games and Media Portal, and that is it.

Unfortunately, it doesn't fit. . . . .
The hard drive is too large, I am gonna have to make the case a bit thicker than it was originally.

Anyways, I'll try to get pictures in the future. I also want to make a custom Media Portal skin for it, I was originally going to use Mamewah for the front end, but decided Media Portal could do it just as well.

Later,
Lotus

D

dm15644

Sounds interesting, please post your progress. Does the VIA board have DX9 capabilites?

/jayrock

Lotus

Portal Member
December 28, 2006
Home Country
Jayrock, I believe it does.
I decided to put a small Laptop hard drive inside instead of the 320 gb, which will be placed in a networked external case.
Anyways, everything now fits into the case, I have to get the frontal USB ports running and finishing cutting the rear. Otherwise everything appears to be working except minor stuff and cosmetics. Well and software issues, but I am working on those slowly.
Anyways, I'll try and get pictures, or maybe a video of how I got it all in there.
One of my biggest fears turned out to be a non issue though, I was afraid I would not be able to get the power buttons working, luckily the buttons I used happen to fit perfectly with the SNES buttons, and make them work perfectly.

Lotus

Portal Member
December 28, 2006
Home Country
Mmmm, pictures, sorry if the quality is iffy, they were taken with a camcorder.

Anyways, I am in the process of doing some cosmetic work right now, so yeah, it's fugly right now.

HPNX0044.jpg

HPNX0045.jpg

HPNX0048.jpg

HPNX0047.jpg

HPNX0046.jpg

Later,
Lotus

Lotus

Portal Member
December 28, 2006
Home Country
Well here are some almost done shots, you can see that it is now a nice shiny black, though I need to drop a second coat on still.

I have been having some trouble getting the Eject button cut properly, so it is not in yet, but will be soon. I have also been having issues getting the controller ports mounted, so I am looking into new ways to do so as well. But, for the most part it is done, just need to iron out some details.

HPNX0049.jpg

Omen

Portal Pro
June 2, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
just to be a pain have you thought about putting the io plate on in the back, it looks like theres room for it, and it'll make it look much tider.

Lotus

Portal Member
December 28, 2006
Home Country
The IO plate has been installed in the back already :)
I didn't photograph it because I couldn't spin it that far while it was hooked up, and it is getting fully updated right now.

sgtsloth

Portal Member
December 14, 2006
This is awesome! Can't wait to see the final product.

Are you still going to make a custom MP skin for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom