Software AV Cards (1 Viewer)

KevinM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Does TVengine support software AV capture cards, eg. the WinFast VC100 ?

I have my dual DVB-T TV cards working well in Client/Server mode and can stream live TV across my LAN fairly reliably. Now I would like to enable capture using the VC100 to manually record from my Sky Box or view programmes across my LAN - is this possible ?

achappey

Portal Member
    January 2, 2007
    Utrecht
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I guess fastest way to find out is just try it! I got my old pctv (also s/w) card working fine under new engine within couple of minutes, just with same drivers/settings that worked for engine v2.

KevinM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Snag is - I can't see the card in the TV Engine Configuration and unlike v0.2 there is no 'Add TV Card' button.. Is there an obvious workaround for this - maybe some manual editing of a configuration file ?

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Unlike the v0.2 you shouldn't need to ad cards manually, you should be able to expand the first section and then the next shown section to see your card.

KevinM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Unfortunately there is nothing there - I just get the dual DVB-T cards listed.

Does anyone know where TVserver keeps its list of supported cards ?

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    I don't think the TV server has a list like TVE2 does at all, it just detects (or should at least) any TV cards with BDA drivers installed like every other piece of software does or should anyway. if you can see another card there you are obviously looking in the right place, I think the only supported cards file is to modify the behaviour for some cards, not to add basic support.

you do have the drivers installed don't you and it does work with it's own software?

it sounds like the TV server has a problem detecting some cards then (ie yours), check your logs and make sure nothing shows up then submit a bug report I suppose.

KevinM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2007
    Home Country
    If I go to the Mediaportal configuration, it is available to add there.
    However, it does not appear in the TV Server configuration and I can't see any mention of it in the logs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom