Solution/Project structure changed (1 Viewer)

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
I just download new sources for MP and I realised you have combined a lot of the projects into just new projects, e.g. all the window plugins (GUIMusic, GUIWeather, GUIAlarm, GUIRadio etc) into one project. This means that only one DLL is produced, containing all the window plugins.

Doesn't this make it harder to update plugins (i.e. if you update GUIMusic, you will have to give people the new windowplugins.dll file, therefore only one person can update the windowplugins at any one time)?

I seem to like the previous structure better, but this is just me. Frodo, what's was your ideas when you combined the projects?

Sam

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
I'm updating the Party Shuffle code right now, moving the code to the Playlist sub-project instead of the GUIMusic project, however, I cannot access the database from there because there will be circular dependency when I add a reference to the database because of another sub-project that falls under the Core project...

The reason I'm updating it is because right now, the code that loads new songs is in the GUIMusicPlaylist.cs file, which gets deinit-ed when I change to another screen, therefore the party shuffle list will not be updated when it the next song plays. I've decided to put it in the playlist.cs file in the Playlist sub-project as that is active throughout the whole thing.

Any advice?

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom