Solution to bug 0002069 (1 Viewer)

klure

Portal Member
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
Ok. I really hope you can work together to find a solution for this, I updated the thread in their forums and told them they should take a look at your reply.

I think PDVD's H.264 codec is also affected by this. v8 is the best, but still has choppy playback from time to time. v9 is not usable at all. (found a hack to make it possible to use in MP, but has the same problems as CoreAVC).

Is there any other codecs out there wich supports H.264 hw accel?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Ok. I really hope you can work together to find a solution for this, I updated the thread in their forums and told them they should take a look at your reply.

Please ask from them what is the real issue (it might not be those two), but something much smaller that affect CoreAVC. I cannot check their code, so I can only make quesses what it would take to make the TSReader to be compatible.

klure

Portal Member
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I also tried with Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 3 codec now, but that does not even give me a picture.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    What decoder do you (tourettes), suggest users try out with H.264 DVB-T? They start sending this here in Denmark on 1. november, and I would like to be just a little prepared :D

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    pilehave

I'm using PowerDVD 7 or 8 with no problems here in Sweden (on Vista/w2K8), running h.264 720p DVB-T.
    I've tested at least MP1.0 - MP 1.0.2 (including multiple SVNs in between) with no problems.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    pnyberg

Thanks, I'll see what result I can get with these when the broadcast begins. My experience with powerDVD for our SD (576i) DVB-T is quite bad, at the moment I run the ATi Avivo with some success, although panning gives choppy video, as If the deinterlacer isn't capable of working fast enough :(

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ok, I guess your quality is mostly dependent on your GFx card. I'm using an ATI Hd2600Xt (see my spec) with Vector Adaptive interlacing which produces very good picture quality - both with 576i and 720p.

ATI Avivo decoder didn't support DXVA when I last tested... So if you have a newer ATI HD series or Nvidia 9xxx card you will not be dissapointed...

In my opinion I get better picture quality with Gfx card than with my inbuilt DVB-T tuner in the TV (only 576i)...
    Also I have the possibility to set gamma levels on the GFx driver settings, which I don't have on my TV (rather old TV now...).

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'm a little tied up because I'm using a 780G board with onboard Radeon HD 3200. This is due to the picoPSU that only delivers 120W. I may upgrade to a full ATX PSU and a HD 4550 passive, but not only will this cost me around €100, the result is also more power usage and heat...oops, I hijacked a thread, sorry. But thanks :)

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Problems here with uk satellite in HD too. recordings work perfectly with haali+MPC+ just about any codec but without the DVB extras like subtitles. I just can't find a codec that runs smoothly for AVC HD channels live or recorded more than 10 minutes in Media Portal on live TV. Core AVC my first choice goes out of sync. The HD pack 2.2 in the downloads Cocecs section @ DVB Support work better but non of them play back smooth for more than a few minutes. I can usually skip backward 15 seconds when it starts getting juddery and then it plays back perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom