(Solved) No HD bitstreaming with Asus EAH5570 HDMI out (non HD works) (1 Viewer)

Skar

Portal Pro
July 28, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello everyone,

Im using the above mentioned Graphics card HDMI out to my AV Receiver but i cant get DTS and other Surround sources to be passed through undecoded. I can only set the Sound Settings in Windows 7 to Stereo/5.1 and my Receiver shows that its PLII/"Multi chn in" then. but i dont see any way to just pass the signal through.
Do i have to fix this in MP oder in Windows?
I tried with ffdshow and ac3filter/MPCHC.

thx in advance
Skar

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: No DTS with Asus EAH5570 HDMI out

You could try SAF 5 and enable passthrough. Works for me that way.
    SAF

Skar

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: No DTS with Asus EAH5570 HDMI out

Got it working with ffdshow. Had to disable the onboard soundcard *duh* >_<

Bitstreaming itself works fine for me now with ffdshow but i dont get the HD pass through options in ffdshow. I can choose the codecs but in the Output tab i only get pass through options for DTS and AC3. (see picture below)

Im Using the official Beta 7. Im a bit confused with all the SVN stuff. Wont HD pass through with my release? which one would i need? ffdshow tryouts project, svn 3710 (x86) icl12 ?? do i have to compile that myself somehow or are the SVNs also "just" installers?

thx in advance!
    Skar

ffdshow.png

Mew

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Hertfordshire
    Home Country
    England England
    Re: No HD bitstreaming with Asus EAH5570 HDMI out (non HD works)

Hi Skar

The latest version of ffdshow in SAF 5.0 is "ffdshow tryouts rev 3685 Dec 15 2010". The screen should look like the picture I have attached and does provide pass though for HD formats. I think I have the previous version of SAF 5.00 installed on my HTPC and this passes Dolby True HD to my receiver without a problem.

Mew

Attachments

• ffdshow.jpg
      ffdshow.jpg
      101.3 KB

TechLife

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

FWIW: I've never been a fan of codec packs but when I upgraded my card to a 5 series to bitstream, SAF 5.00 was the only way I could get it to work. I haven't looked back since.

Skar

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

OK i also went the easy way and installed SAF 5, which automatically set up itself perfectly, i just had to tick the pass through boxes and everything worked fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom