[Solved] Windows sound = OK, MP sound = dimmed (1 Viewer)

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi guys,

Since a few days, the sound of my client is very dimmed.
    I checked the windows settings and they seem to be ok & the sound level is normal.
    In MP though, even being on maximum, it's very quiet.
    No settings have been changed, no windows updates or modifications.
    Volume settings in MP:
    • Control: Master Volume
    • Scale: Logarithmic
    Any idea what might be wrong?
    TIA

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi HomeY,

Thank you for your quick response but sadly enough, that didn't change anything.
    Music plays well with wmplayer and speaker test in W7 gives the right sound level.
    I always had the scale on Classic until I discovered Logarithmic which was exactly what I wanted.
    When I switched that setting, I also had some strange behavior of the OSD and no immediate response but by fiddling and rebooting, finally it was ok.
    I also did a reinstall of MP since it was upgrade multiple times, so installed 1.4 from scratch - removed all settings/cached stuff.

P.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm..... according to the Wiki it should be automatically selected for Win 7.

Maybe you have a mixer function enabled in your codecs somewhere, or altered the volume in your codec settings?

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    It was indeed the mixer settings but I don't understand how this could happen...
    The mixer/volume tray app are on hidden and there is no mouse connected to that client.
    Anyway, it works now. :D
    Thanks a lot guys!!

eRJe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2009
    Den Helder
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I too had this exact same problem a few times over the last few weeks. I'm not 100% sure but I think in my situation it was somehow related to Windows Media Center. WMC was started (in background) the few times it occured. Last time it occured was when I uninstalled WMC with MP running in the background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom