[will not fix] some channels are replaced during scaninng the Tuerksat satellite (1 Viewer)

CetinTek

Portal Pro
December 5, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
By the Tuerksat transmission id and the network id of many transponders are the same. They have id 1.
Mediaportal cannot different the channels. The Channel A become replace from Chann B. How can I patch this?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello CetinTek

If original network ID, transport stream ID, and service ID are all the same then TV Server will think that the channels are the same. There is no way to patch this, but you can manually add the channels that are overwritten.

mm

CetinTek

Portal Pro
    December 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That is not good. My other Receivers didn't make this error.
    Is there not a way to compair in addition the frequency of the channel?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That is not good. My other Receivers didn't make this error.
    From our perspective these broadcasters are not following DVB rules, so we don't think it is an error in MP - we think it is an error with the broadcasters.

Is there not a way to compair in addition the frequency of the channel?
    If we did that there would be no way to detect when channels move to a different frequency. In other words, TV Server would create a duplicate channel rather than updating existing an existing channel - we don't want that.

Last edited:

CetinTek

Portal Pro
    December 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You're right, I think also it's an error of the provider.
    I think, I will scan these channels manually. Thank you
    for your help.

CetinTek

Portal Pro
    December 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    the error doesn't occur only by Türksat, it occur also by Astra. The new channel "ProSiebenMaxx" was detected as "Sat.1 emotion".
    If somebody don't know this, he/she can't find the channel. This question will often appear in the forum.
    I think in the future more errors will occurs, because the sat-providers make what they want.
    I think we must find another solution for this problem.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Pro7Maxx isn't a new channel, it has same NID, TSID, SID and frequency as sat1 emotions had before, so physically only channel name was changed. But no other channels have same NID, TSID and SID but other frequency, so this has nothing to do with your problem when broadcaster doesn't follow standards.

What we can do for the case Pro7Maxx is - e.g. button "take channel name from first tuning detail", that will help to identify channels that have changed their names but have NID/TSID/SID kept.
    or checkBox "update channel name from newly scanned tuning details if changed"

CetinTek

Portal Pro
    December 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ProSiebenMaxx and sat1 emotions isn't the same channel. Their are different channels. I can watch both cannels.
    sat1 emotions doesn't change his name. It is a another channel. I read in the forum, that you must serach for
    "sat1 emotions" in the channellist. There was sat1 emotions two times. one of the both is sat1 emotions and the other
    ist ProSiebenMaxx.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    AFAIK there were 2 channels sat1 emotion on different transponders. one has changed his name to pro7max.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom