Some helpful search option requests (1 Viewer)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    OK, I've looked through and can't find any previous mention of this...

In the previous forum there was an option to view new posts since last visit. I loved this and used it often. Another thing that I like in other forums and think would be good to implement here is an option to view replies to my posts. tHis helps keep track of people who have an issue that I asked for more information from, to help them further. I think these other forums use vBulletin so hopefully this isn't too much of an ask...

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    In the previous forum there was an option to view new posts since last visit. I loved this and used it often.

i had trouble finding this one too - so embarrasing when i was told where it was :oops:
    there's a button labelled 'new posts' on the horizontal navigation bar thingy above...

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    you have multiple options to get new posts.

1. in the navbar -> New Posts
    2. forumbased -> in forum view View New Posts

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    OK, found the "New Posts" bit, thanks for that. I must have been blind :)

How about the "New Replies to your posts" request? Is this possible on this BB now? Basically it gives you a list of all threads that you have posted in that have had a reply since you last looked at them.

Thnaks,

Marcus

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    How about the "New Replies to your posts" request? Is this possible on this BB now? Basically it gives you a list of all threads that you have posted in that have had a reply since you last looked at them.
    if you subscribe to a topic (by a reply or by clicking "subscribe to this thread") you will get an email notification when a new reply is posted.
    (type of notification can be adjusted in usercp (instand, daily-summary, weekly-summary) and when posting in additional options.

if you do not want to get notification emails you can turn that off in user cp

if you enter user cp you will also see automatically every thread you have subsribed which has a new unread reply New Subscribed Threads:

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    thanks, IL, I already have the email notifications, but on a few other forums they have this other option which I find really useful (stops me getting too many emails and I can look out for replies to specific threads).

It's not anything too important, just a feature request for the new boards.

Thanks,

Marcus.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    still not exactly what I requested.
    Another forum I use has a link on the home page which simple says "View Replies to your posts" and when clicked it gives you a list of threads that you have been active in that have since had replies, whether or not you are subscribed.

In MP, I subscribe to all my threads by default, but end up getting a lot of emails. On the other forum, I only subscribe to the really important ones and just use the top link to check up on the rest.

Like I said, it's not exactly make or break, but I think this engine should be able to handle it. I would post a link, but that forum is down at the moment. D'oh...

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    still not exactly what I requested.
    Another forum I use has a link on the home page which simple says "View Replies to your posts" and when clicked it gives you a list of threads that you have been active in that have since had replies...
    i see no difference. :mad:

in the forum you are talking about you have one extra link.
    here you only have to click usercp and get exactly the same and all other user options.
    In MP, I subscribe to all my threads by default, but end up getting a lot of emails. On the other forum, I only subscribe to the really important ones and just use the top link to check up on the rest.
    if you do not like the subsciption emails, turn the off in your usercp.

if you do not like to automatically subscribe every topic you are replying/starting just turn it off in usercp.

usercp -> edit options -> Messaging & Notification : Default Thread Subscription Mode

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    i see no difference. :mad:

in the forum you are talking about you have one extra link.
    here you only have to click usercp and get exactly the same and all other user options.

if you do not like the subsciption emails, turn the off in your usercp.

if you do not like to automatically subscribe every topic you are replying/starting just turn it off in usercp.

usercp -> edit options -> Messaging & Notification : Default Thread Subscription Mode

*sigh* There is a serious mis-communication here...

You don't see the difference because you mis quoted me so badly. There is no difference if you cut off the "Whether or not you have subscribed" part.

Basically all I had asked for was a way to see all new replies to my posts WHETHER OR NOT I HAD SUBSCRIBED.

I know you can subscribe to all automatically and you can individually select ones you want to subscribe to. All I had asked for was a link to see all replies to threads I had posted to. In each of my posts I had said that it wasn't a big deal, just something I thought would be nice. In your responses it seems like you think I have asked for the most stupid thing in the world. I know the nature of the internet makes it hard to guage the tone of messags, but this was the impression I got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom