Some issues I have with MPTagThat (1 Viewer)

Nellie111

Portal Member
March 26, 2014
Home Country
Canada Canada
Firstly I would like to commend the designers and developers of this program. It allows me to perform tasks which otherwise would take the use of several different programs. The issues I have are as follows (not in any particular order of importance):

My Hardware/Software:
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Intel Q9650 quad core processor
- 4GB Ram
- Kingston 120GB SSD (my OS resides here)
- Seagate 1TB SATA III HDD (my data resides here)

My issues:

- When I start the program is does not come to the front, but reverts to the background if another program is open (ie explorer) until I click on it in the taskbar.

- Occasionally the program does not display the screen menu but displays only the tracklist. I found a fix to get it back but its cumbersome.

- Since I've installed this program I have had explorer freeze and restart issues. I believe it is one of the explorer add ons which comes with this program. I'm trying to narrow it down to which one by disabling them individually but no luck so far.

- Although I find the built in converter to be very convenient, it does not utilize my processors full potential when compared to lets say dBpoweramp.

- It would be nice if album art was replaced by default when you apply new art.

Well I believe that's it for now. I hope this helps improve your product.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thanks for your comments:

- When I start the program is does not come to the front, but reverts to the background if another program is open (ie explorer) until I click on it in the taskbar.

Really? That should be fixed in 3.1.4. I've tried it once again and it always ends up in foreground

- Occasionally the program does not display the screen menu but displays only the tracklist. I found a fix to get it back but its cumbersome.

Do you have an example screenshot? How do you fix it?

- Although I find the built in converter to be very convenient, it does not utilize my processors full potential when compared to lets say dBpoweramp

I'll try to add some parallel threads in the next version

Don't understand your comment.
    Whenever you change something, either a Tag or Cover, the file is marked as changed and when you save it, it is modified,
    This includes also the cover art.
    But maybe i don't understand what you want to achieve. Please explain.

Nellie111

Portal Member
    March 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Don't understand your comment
    Another screenshot. Now in this example I am about to add replacement cover art and if I do not check the box to remove old art then I end up with two cover art tags. I have occasionally forgotten to check this box and the result being multiple art tags.
    MpTagThat5.PNG

Do you have an example screenshot? How do you fix it?
    I have attached several screenshots, the first of which shows the screen without the menus and the others show my fix.
    MpTagThat1.PNG MpTagThat2.PNG MpTagThat3.PNG MpTagThat4.PNG

Really? That should be fixed in 3.1.4. I've tried it once again and it always ends up in foreground
    I checked and I am running 3.1.4, dated Jan 2014, speaking of which an 'about' button with version info, just a thought. So, I do not know why the program does not load in to the foreground.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Please try the attached version and tell me how it goes:

As i said, this shouldn't happen anymore

That's probably something Win 8 related. I made now sure that the Ribbon is always opened.
    Should be fixed as well.

- Since I've installed this program I have had explorer freeze and restart issues. I believe it is one of the explorer add ons which comes with this program. I'm trying to narrow it down to which one by disabling them individually but no luck so far.

The only thing, which i do, is put an additional command into the explroer menu, if you specify during install. Shouldn't cause any performance troubles.

- Although I find the built in converter to be very convenient, it does not utilize my processors full potential when compared to lets say dBpoweramp.

I've changed the Thread Priority. Should run faster. Parallel processing of files, requires a bit more rework.
    Just let me know, if you see any change now.

if you check the "Remove exisiting Pictures" check box, it will be saved between program startups.
    When you load a picture form file or internet and the check box is checked, it will clear all existing pictures

Attachments

• MPTagThat_setup.zip
      9.8 MB

Nellie111

Portal Member
    March 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Well it's been a while since I've posted here and I have made some hardware/software adjustments at my end but still have some of the same issues, namely:

- The program still does not load into the foreground;

- I find the converter to be slow;

Items that have since corrected themselves, either by a hardware (new monitor) or software (reinstalled Windows 8.1) change:

- The program now loads with all menus intact;

- No more explorer freeze/restarts;

- With regards to album art I simply ensure that I have none to start with when I add album art.

A new item:

- I find the current lyrics search engine to be unsuccessful for about 75% of my searches. Could you add lyrics.com?

Thanks

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    How do you start the program? Start Menu, Desktop Icon or clicking the Exe in Windows Explorer?
    For the converter to run faster, i need to introduce then parallel processing. will have a lok into that, when i find some time.
    Reading of Lyrics relies on the lyrics engine, used by MyLLyrics. Maybe i need to update to a newer version.
    For converting i need then to troduce parallel processing

Nellie111

Portal Member
    March 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    - I start the program using a Desktop icon;

- Adding parallel processing in conjunction with the number of cores available would be nice;

- I see that My Lyrics 2.0.0 is available from MP. Do I need to download and install it or do you need to incorporate it?

Thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1406868115][/DOUBLEPOST]Question: Is MyLyrics an MP product and can your team make programming changes to it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom