Forum Some issues with Chrome under OSX (1 Viewer)

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a couple of questions:

1. Why does "Mark all Forums Read" take this long? It's really annoying.

2. When being in the editor some time line breaks are gone. I have to re-edit posts and put them in again. A CR/LF thingy? It usually involved some copy and paste operations inside the editor itself.

3. After uploading an attachment it doesn't show in the editor (always works in quick reply though).

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    just added some improvements to the server, please let me know if that function is still slow over the next days

2nd could be a TinyMCE (3rd party editor)-issue, sometimes it doesn't like copy & paste under special circumstances.

not sure if I understand you correctly but it shows (at least it should) below the edit-window, another click is needed to add it as thumbnail or full-pic into the editor itself.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "Mark Forums Read" seems to be very quick now. Just about a a second or so (even less) instead of more than 20 seconds. :):):):)Will keep an eye on it.

I'll google a bit about TinyMCE, maybe I'll finde the exact issue I am having.

The attachments didn't simply show up below the editor after uploading files in the "more options" editor. In the Quick reply no problems. I'll try to reproduce this in detail with exact steps what I did when it happened.

Last edited:

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The attachment problem seems gone after a recent chrome update. Guess it is related to some javascript/cache stuff. At least I haven't seen it again.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @high: Checked a bit more.

Seems to be related to XenForo/TinyMCE combination. Doesn't happen on Wordpress. Previews in TinyMCE shows up correctly. Only after I actually post the stuff the line breaks are gone on various parts. Maybe related to forced_root_block of TinyMCE? Only happens on longer posts. Cannot reproduce it on demand yet. But some copy and pasting is always involved as far as I remember.

Guess I have to actually captures mouse and keyboard and when it happens again, I try to reproduce it by playing back exactly the same stuff and narrow it down from there. Ahh, daunting task. But the missing line breaks annoy me like hell.

PS: Hope Xenforo will make the switch to CKEdtitor sooner or later. It's superb to the buggy TinyMCE (I hate it in Wordpress).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom