[confirm] Some keys of MCE remote not working (1 Viewer)

petrov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Yes it did solve my issue. BIG Green THANKS! :)

For my information... I noticed that you defined the "The Green Button" with manual entrance of following code since new button addition doesn't seem to be possible through MP Config GUI :

<button name="The Green Button" code="100091">
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="115"/>
    </button>

I guess you had to associate the button with the missing code="100091" which was discovered through the logging and than configure an action.
    What I don't understand is the conproperty="-1" field... is there any guide that explains the insides of the xml file?

Thanks again.

Your green button sounds like it is mapped to Windows Media Centre.exe , where as the MCE remote goes to the Windows Media Centre Receiver Service.

Wish Aaron (and-81) was around, he was our remote guru, but thinking on, might it be worth taking a look at his app now supported by chefcoch, to see if it solves your problem.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ir-server-suite-irss-165/ir-server-suite-aka-irss-releases-75092/

Good luck with getting this working.

Thanks for your suggestion.
    I did look into the suggested but as you may notice the problem has been resolved by jameson_uk.

Cheers,

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I guess you had to associate the button with the missing code="100091" which was discovered through the logging and than configure an action.
    What I don't understand is the conproperty="-1" field... is there any guide that explains the insides of the xml file?
    Just going back over some old threads and sorry I missed this.

The xml basically relates to the remote mapping screen. If you look there is a layer setting, then a condition then a condition property then actions....

You however should not need to worry about this. All you actually need to do is add
    Code:
    </button>
    To the xml. This will then make the button appear in config and you can map it how you wish.

Does anyone else have this remote? The Green Button is already in the remote file but has a different code. I could do with knowing whether we need to update the standard config file that ships with MP or whether your remote is using slightly different codes to others.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Would it matter if we added both id's to the default xml, green button seems to be hit and miss working from a lot of users point of view.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Would it matter if we added both id's to the default xml, green button seems to be hit and miss working from a lot of users point of view.

Could cause all sorts of confusion. For starters The Green Button would appear twice in the mapping list so users could map the wrong one. then if TGB code has changed something might have taken its place and then you would be in total confusion land...

Also what might be confusing if this remote was working previously is if the code is different in XP and Win7.

We are however going to struggle to identify what the codes should be as there is no official documentation for this remote and I think many are clones so probably work slightly differently anyway. For the time being I am tempted to leave as is unless others can show that the existing code is wrong

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi guys,

Going back to the original issue (back button, etc not working)... was this ever resolved?

I have a client with a MCE remote/receiver off *bay, this works fine...

I then went and purchased another one off *bay (albeit different seller)... and I find certain buttons do not work with this one (eg back button). :(

Thanks,

J.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Hi guys,

Going back to the original issue (back button, etc not working)... was this ever resolved?

I have a client with a MCE remote/receiver off *bay, this works fine...

I then went and purchased another one off *bay (albeit different seller)... and I find certain buttons do not work with this one (eg back button). :(

Thanks,

J.

this thread got sidetracked then....

I am guessing the remote is not working as an official MCE one then. On my official RC6 remote back works fine.

Can you turn on extensive logging and post debug logs here pressing a few buttons on remote?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Sorry for not getting back sooner.

It appears the MCE remote/receiver appear as HID device(s) and not as a MCE/eHome receiver - Hence why its not working correctly :(

I will try and capture some logs over the weekend....

J.

ps - Might be time to buy a USB-UIRT recevier!

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    It appears the MCE remote/receiver appear as HID device(s) and not as a MCE/eHome receiver - Hence why its not working correctly :(
    So have you tried using the general HID setting rather than MCE remote?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I have tried both MCE and HID in MePo...

Both give bad results :(

With the config set to HID, only the core set of buttons work:

up/down/left/right - works ok
    back - works ok
    OK - works ok
    pause/stop/play/record/rewind/fast forward - does not work
    recorded tv - does not work
    guide - does not work
    teletext - does not work
    info - does not work
    coloured buttons - does not work
    number keys - works ok

I have also found in HID mode, everso often the mouse pointer appears and moves, as opposed to the menu selection (even with the window having focus).

I have run in debug mode and captured some logs (with extended logging enabled for HID) - although they dont seem to show much(?). I loaded MP, went up and down the menu, into plugins and then back out. Then into Live TV, tried the various fast forward/rewind/stop/play/pause/etc.

Hope this helps...

J. :D

petrov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Just going back over some old threads and sorry I missed this.

The xml basically relates to the remote mapping screen. If you look there is a layer setting, then a condition then a condition property then actions....

You however should not need to worry about this. All you actually need to do is add
    Code:
    </button>
    To the xml. This will then make the button appear in config and you can map it how you wish.

Does anyone else have this remote? The Green Button is already in the remote file but has a different code. I could do with knowing whether we need to update the standard config file that ships with MP or whether your remote is using slightly different codes to others.

Hi jameson_uk,

I just wanted to mention that when upgraded to 1.2.1 the remote started to behave even worse (didn't do any more in depth tests) and soon as I overwrote back your version of XML file that you sent me earlier everything went back to normal.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom