Some Noob Help Please... (1 Viewer)

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Your logs have entries that don't exist on mine when trying to play video. I assume it's because you have Moving Pictures installed.

Do videos play fine with Moving Pictures disabled, using the regular Videos section?

I'm not even sure this is possible, since I've never installed it myself. I don't know whether it's an actual plugin you can disable in the config app, or whether it's a replacement for certain MP files that replace the regular video section.

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2009
    Your logs have entries that don't exist on mine when trying to play video. I assume it's because you have Moving Pictures installed.

Do videos play fine with Moving Pictures disabled, using the regular Videos section?

I'm not even sure this is possible, since I've never installed it myself. I don't know whether it's an actual plugin you can disable in the config app, or whether it's a replacement for certain MP files that replace the regular video section.

You are right I do use Moving Pictures. Disabled it in MediaPortal plugins section and tried to play a movie but I have the same result...

I did some more searching around on the forum and found this
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/support-106/blank-screen-mp-1-0-a-52372/

Some other people with similar symptoms...The only similarity I noticed in the setups was the fact we have ATI cards...

Also, I was wondering if maybe you could check the logs posted there, maybe I didn't post them properly because it was my first attempt....

Thank you again, I appreciate your help

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm running two systems here in the same room - one single seat & one client. They both have ATI cards in them, & neither exhibits the problem.

I did notice that your logs show a newer driver version than the logs on my server. My server is running Catalyst 8.12. Are you running Catalyst 9.1?

Actually just noticed in the KB about DPI setting in Windows. That's not what's causing your problem is it?

Did you change a theme setting in Windows that changed your font size?

KnowledgeBase - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2009
    I'm running two systems here in the same room - one single seat & one client. They both have ATI cards in them, & neither exhibits the problem.

I did notice that your logs show a newer driver version than the logs on my server. My server is running Catalyst 8.12. Are you running Catalyst 9.1?

Actually just noticed in the KB about DPI setting in Windows. That's not what's causing your problem is it?

Did you change a theme setting in Windows that changed your font size?

KnowledgeBase - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

Problem was the driver. Worked immediately after uninstalling 9.1. Thank you so much.

I feel so much relief, that problem was such a headache.

One last thing, I was wondering if you might have any suggestions for what might be causing MediaPortal to crash while trying to play some mkv files? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom