Some questions: What do the Youtube numbers mean? Does the video not exist? (1 Viewer)

clobber

Portal Pro
January 12, 2008
Awesome plug-in. I've been using for quite a while now. A couple of questions:

When I select a Youtube video to play, the "Select Source" menu pops up and I get something like:

1 320x240 | (5) | .flv
2 320x240 | (34) | .flv
3 640x480 | (35) | .flv
4 1280x720 | (22) | mp4

What do the numbers 5,34,35,22 mean? In this case I am able to play both number 1 and 4, but 2 and 3 gives me an unable to play error message.

When I go to youtube (on my computer) and look up this video, there are only 3 resolutions available. 360p, 480p, and 720p. Why am I being offered 4 different versions in mediaportal? The video I am referring to is here. However, this seems to happen for most of the videos I have looked at. That is, there are more choices available in MP that on the youtube website.

When I can't play one of the videos, I find an error message like the one below. This is not the error message associated with the exact video I am referencing above. Is MP offering to let me play a video that does not exist? Note, everything is on a single line in the logfile.

The file 'http://youtube.com/get_video?video_id=5pidokakU4I&t=vjVQa1PpcFP3kLHx9QWTHx5joSWcQ7AWMm8wfhDiRM%3D&fmt=5&ext=.flv' does not exist.

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom