some questions (1 Viewer)

dipunm

Portal Pro
August 6, 2006
I know the tv server has been around for quite a while, but, I have some questions... I bought a tvcard once but it never works so tv is not in my mediaportal config atm. does your screenshot assume 3 tvcards?.... also, is this based on the idea of the tv cards being on 1 noisy server pc and the clients feeding from it, using whatever tvcard is available?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i moved this from from ::here:: because it contains questions which are not realy related to the re-design of myTV GUI.

your questions wil surely be answered here :)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The TV server does not need 3 tvcards. It just requires 1 and can use multiple. You can then send the same program (or all programs from a single transponder for DVB-S) to one or more clients via the network.

It will also record on the server, so your client can be switched off, while the server (esp. this is a service, so it will run in the background) can do the "dirty work".

As for noise, the tv card is no large heat producer. But, you will have the disks spinnging on the server for timeshifting (which is less noise).

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    also, is this based on the idea of the tv cards being on 1 noisy server pc and the clients feeding from it, using whatever tvcard is available?
    you can use it as client/server setup, or install all on one PC and just enjoy the benefits of the new engine. :)

see more details ::here::

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom