Sort by TranslatedTitle, Show OriginalTitle? (1 Viewer)

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I wonder if this is possible:

I want to sort my movies, with sequels (etc. Shrek 1, 2, 3) shown next to each other - this is not a problem, since the movie is named Shrek 1, Shrek 2, Shrek 3. But sometimes Sequels have different names that their original, like The Pirates of the Carribean trilogy - These are the named: "Curse of the Black Pearl", "Dead Man's Chest", and "At Worlds End". If I named these like that, they would show up in very different places of my movie list. So far I have just been naming them "Pirates of the Carribean 1: Curse of the Black Pearl" etc, but I was wondering if there was a better way.

I was thinking, if you could sort the item by translated title (or some other parameter, doesn't really matter which, just one you don't otherwise use), but show the name of the OriginalTitle. Then I could Name them "Curse of the Black Pearl" in OriginalTitle, and "Pirates of the Carribean 1" in the TranslatedTitle, and they would show up next to each other, in the right order, but without the "Pirates of the Carribean 1" in front of the actual name.

I tried doing this and putting TranslatedTitle in Ant Master Title, and Original in SecondaryTitle, but then it just shows the names of the movies as "Pirates of the Carribean 1", "Pirates of the Carribean 2" etc.

Could this perhaps be a future feature? It would really make all my sequels look much better.

Great Plugin btw.
:D

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Already done with 4.5 !
Put Original Title as Master Title and Translated Title as Sort title.
It should work as you want.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hmm, guess I was running an old version. After upgrading to 4.5 it is working excactly the way I wanted it to.

Thanks alot, solving my request even before I made it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom