sound card as pre-amp? (1 Viewer)

littlematt

Portal Pro
October 1, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi guys this is kind of a repeat post from the music forum but Im not getting any replies there so apologies in advance...

I have a six channel parasound power amp and some mighty cerwin vega speakers coming and Im wondering if I need a pre-amp at all seeing as all the signal switching will be done by my HTPC box anyway. The power amp has RCA inputs only so I need a *decent* sound card with 1V line level outs and preferably an adjustable sub crossover... I will only be running in stereo so sub xover not essential but Ive got a sub so would be nice to use it. Even though the CVs have 15inch drivers heh. I can bridge four of the six channels to 2 and get pretty decent power but would nice to have the option to go to 5.1 later if I fancy it and can afford some more speakers heh...

Thanks in advance

littlematt

Portal Pro
October 1, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Ok sorted it with a bit of research...not many sound card manufacturers give their line out voltages but I got an m-audio revolution 5.1 which had got all the bells and whistles I need with a 1v line out sounds heaps better than my on-board ac97 chip even without the amp etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom